Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal not working with new phone

Jesschick
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hey guys!

Just bought the new HTC one mini. Can't get it to successfully connect to my sure signal. Previously had a HTC Desire and this was fine. No change of number so the new phone should automatically be registered at the vodafone end. Turned the sure signal on and off again and no improvement. When the sure signal is off I can get weak but continual signal (2/3 bars) which is what I would expect from the area that I live in so I don;t think its the phone or the SIM. When Sure Signal is on it either blocks my signal all together (this is most of the time) or on the odd occasion that I do get signal it is only momentary and then it completely drops out. Also, during the time that the signal is totally blocked it will mostly show full bars as if I'm getting full signal and and only sometimes show no bars. Never done any software updates to my sure signal but can't find anywhere that says I need to so assumed that these are done automatically if they're needed.

Any ideas? 🙂

1 REPLY 1

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Jesschick,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.
Your ping test results from here.
Your external IP address from here.
The results of a traceroute.
Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run
Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
A black box will appear.
In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter
Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Andy