Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Now taking legal advice/action etc against Vodafone

Paffman
7: Helper
7: Helper

I have just got my upgrade an HTC M8 from an HTC One. I had to go into town to a VF shop to get a nano sim as the incorrect sim (micro) was included with the M8. The guy at the shop transferred my number to the new nano sim. I can use the phone OK when I have a signal, but at home where I don't have a signal and rely on the Sure Signal, the M8 will not get a signal. I have reset the SS but as my number is the admin for the SS I cannot unregister/reregister.

Do you have any advice?

It is a business phone so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mobile Device: HTC One M8

32 REPLIES 32

VF please reread this thread and message 9.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE can anyone from Vodafone please reply to this post, I am BEGGING you now!!!

Since I had my upgrade phone which had to have a different sim, I cannot get a signal from my Sure Signal (different serial number). As I was the Admin of the Sure Signal, I could not delete my old phone and I could not add a new user as the phone number was the same. I contacted tech help via chat and they rang me back on my land line. We spent nearly 30 minutes trying to resolve this issue, then they said that they were unable to fix it then but would do is asap.

My wife was a user, tech made her the Admin, but now nothing can be done due to this error message...

"Sorry – there seems to be a problem.

We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later."

I run my business from home and rely on the Sure Signal, without it I can't work...

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE can someone from Vodafone reply to this post and look into the problem, I BEG you...

Regards,

Steve

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Paffman 

So that we can look into this further, see here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

DaveCD

Hi DaveCD,

Have done what you asked.

Just thought I'd do a factory reset as your statement said that this issue has now been resolved in the hope that it would cure my issue, sadly it did not. When my wife logs into the Sure Signal, she can chose to remove my number, but it fails saying...

"Sorry – there seems to be a problem.

It has been saying that for the last three days, while I lose money as I run my business from home and rely on the Sure Signal. Can you work a bit harder please?

This is so simple and I could have done this myself if it was not for the error that was created by your Tech guys :smileysad:

*** UPDATE ***

I had another 30 minutes on the phone Sunday to Vodafone tech team, who were very nice and said that they had managed to resolve the issue and to give it 24hrs and everything would be working again. I waited over 24hrs and tried to add myself via my wife's account (Sure Signal owner). Still no joy
Same error message about a fault and how hard VF were working on it - yeah right, I've only been without a working mobile for my business for four days!!!!!!!!!!!!

So out of desperation and as I am losing money, I thought I would have a go. I went into my wife's account and deregistered the Sure Signal, then in my account i registered it and reset the Sure Signal. After a while when the Sure Signal light had settled... BINGO!!!!!!!!! I had a working signal from the Sure Signal Now why couldn't the VF SS tech team do that??

Now we are not out of the woods yet as now my wife's phone does not get a signal from the Sure Signal. I get the following error message saying that it has to be a Vodafone number beginning with 07 - It is and that she has opted out of being added to a Sure Signal - she has not!! BTW - the two help links within the error message do not link to anything!

"Sorry we are not able to process your request because of following errors in your form.

You can only add users who have a Vodafone mobile phone number. This will start with 07, and have 11 digits.

Sorry. This person has decided that they don't want to use the Sure Signal."

So if any Vodafone guys would like to comment, that would be great.

My wife has to have a new sim card tomorrow for her new phone, so I will try again as that sim will again have a new serial number. Why is nothing easy with the Sure Signal, you just get one thing sorted (at the expense of my wife not getting a signal), then another crops up??

I look forward to a timely reply from VF

Hi @Paffman

We’ve got your email and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.

We’ll be able to look into the issues you’re having with the Vodafone Sure Signal.

Cheers,

Laura

Thanks Laura,

But be aware that my current issue is not covered in that email I sent a few days ago, but in the post here above your post.

Hi @Paffman,

For security reasons, please respond to the auto-reply email outlining your current issue.

Once we’ve received this, we’ll ensure your email is followed up.

Thanks,

Rodney

Right, this is the last post I shall make on my Sure Signal issue before I take legal advice/action etc.

I have sorted out the register issue with my Sure Signal myself while you lot have been faffing about telling me how helpful you are and how hard you are working to resolve the issue. Just tell the truth, you don't really care about customer service do you?

OK, so I have now managed to re-register my Sure Signal in my name so that I now have a working Sure Signal to my business phone. Now my issue is that I can't register my wife's phone as the error message keeps telling me that it HAS TO BE A VODAFONE NUMBER - it is AND that this number has OPTED OUT OF REGISTERING TO ANY SURE SIGNAL BOXES - she has NOT!

So I go into her account and see that she is OPTED IN, so I think maybe if I opt out, then opt in again it will work. I try that but now I get the error message...

" Sorry – there seems to be a problem.

See there is that quote "we're working hard to fix the issue" again - HA! HA! not true!

So I can't add her number to my Sure Signal because it is either...

1) Not a Vodafone number

2) She has opted out

Both of the above are LIES!!

The other fix I thought about was to delete the wife's Pay as You Go account from the Vodafone website and register a new one, only that there is NO OPTION to do this that I could find!!!

What I would like (and I just know it's not going to happen, hence if it does not I am getting in touch with my solicitor) is for you to either...

1) Fix the opt out issue with my wife's account

or

2) DELETE her account so that she can register again and hopefully that will resolve the opt out issue.

Over to you Vodafone.... If you modify/delete this post, I will just carry out the below regardless.

If I don't get this fixed in 48hrs (it's been dragging on for getting on for two weeks now) as well as getting legal advice, I am going to post anywhere and everywhere I can (Linked In, Facebook, Twitter etc) and local and nation papers/news channels and Watchdog about the terrible customer service that you provide, the time it takes to get an issue resolved, your failure to keep services running for which you are paid to do so and your substandard equipment i.e. Sure Signal and upkeep thereof.

Regards,

A VERY angry and bitter Vodafone customer

Just to try and do your job for you. I tried to add a different number to my Sure Signal. This is the error code I got, it's a tad long. Pass it on to you tech team -enjoy.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Error invoking portlet "VAPGatewayController"

The source of this error is:
com.bea.wsrp.faults.v1.OperationFailedExceptionImpl: Internal Server Error: null; nested exception is: 
	javax.servlet.ServletException.; nested exception is: 
	com.bea.wsrp.faults.v1.OperationFailedExceptionImpl: null; nested exception is: 
	javax.servlet.ServletException
	at com.bea.wsrp.FaultInstanceFactory.<clinit>(FaultInstanceFactory.java:44)
	at com.bea.wsrp.proxy.ProxyBase.raiseFault(ProxyBase.java:563)
	at com.bea.wsrp.proxy.ProxyBase.invoke(ProxyBase.java:464)
	at $Proxy67.getMarkup(Unknown Source)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.GetMarkupService.invoke(GetMarkupService.java:49)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.GetMarkupService.invoke(GetMarkupService.java:37)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.AbstractMarkupService.invoke(AbstractMarkupService.java:156)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.AbstractMarkupService.invoke(AbstractMarkupService.java:135)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.MarkupServicesFacade.invoke(MarkupServicesFacade.java:42)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.controls.ProxyPortletContent.invokeGetMarkup(ProxyPortletContent.java:665)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.controls.ProxyPortletContent.beginRender(ProxyPortletContent.java:318)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlLifecycle$7.visit(ControlLifecycle.java:486)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursiveRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:530)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursiveRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:541)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursiveRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:541)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walk(ControlTreeWalker.java:249)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:361)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:339)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:330)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.run(Lifecycle.java:304)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.UIControl.render(UIControl.java:597)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.PresentationContext.render(PresentationContext.java:434)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.util.RenderToolkit.renderChild(RenderToolkit.java:147)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.jsp.taglib.RenderChild.doStartTag(RenderChild.java:62)
	at jsp_servlet._framework._skeletons._vodafonedefault.__flowlayout._jspService(__flowlayout.java:128)
	at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:34)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:283)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:175)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.invokeServlet(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:533)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.include(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:459)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.application.laf.JspTools.renderJsp(JspTools.java:124)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.application.laf.JspControlRenderer.beginRender(JspControlRenderer.java:81)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.application.laf.PresentationControlRenderer.beginRender(PresentationControlRenderer.java:62)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlLifecycle$7.visit(ControlLifecycle.java:482)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursiveRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:530)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:330)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.run(Lifecycle.java:304)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.UIControl.render(UIControl.java:597)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.PresentationContext.render(PresentationContext.java:434)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.util.RenderToolkit.renderChild(RenderToolkit.java:147)
	at jsp_servlet._framework._skeletons._vodafonedefault.__template5col_01._jspService(__template5col_01.java:145)
	at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:34)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:175)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.invokeServlet(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:533)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.include(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:459)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.application.laf.JspTools.renderJsp(JspTools.java:124)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.application.laf.JspControlRenderer.beginRender(JspControlRenderer.java:81)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.application.laf.PresentationControlRenderer.beginRender(PresentationControlRenderer.java:62)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlLifecycle$7.visit(ControlLifecycle.java:482)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.runOutbound(Lifecycle.java:186)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.run(Lifecycle.java:140)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.manager.UIServlet.runLifecycle(UIServlet.java:419)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.manager.UIServlet.processControlTree(UIServlet.java:305)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.manager.PortalServlet.service(PortalServlet.java:779)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.TailFilter.doFilter(TailFilter.java:26)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:42)
	at com.cj.trim.trimFilter.doFilter(trimFilter.java:86)
	at com.vodafone.couk.micrositeintegration.filter.MicrositeIntegrationFilter.doFilter(MicrositeIntegrationFilter.java:185)
	at com.vodafone.couk.filters.UnAuthenticatedPagesFilter.doFilter(UnAuthenticatedPagesFilter.java:147)
	at com.vodafone.couk.filters.PartialHoldingPagesFilter.doFilter(PartialHoldingPagesFilter.java:61)
	at com.vodafone.couk.filters.RedirectionFilter.doFilter(RedirectionFilter.java:292)
	at com.vodafone.couk.filters.RedirectsFilter.doFilter(RedirectsFilter.java:192)
	at com.bea.p13n.servlets.PortalServletFilter.doFilter(PortalServletFilter.java:251)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.invokeServlet(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:531)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:266)
	at com.vodafone.couk.portal.redirects.LongToSeoURLServlet.longToSEOURL(LongToSeoURLServlet.java:451)
	at com.vodafone.couk.portal.redirects.LongToSeoURLServlet.doPost(LongToSeoURLServlet.java:139)
	at com.vodafone.couk.portal.redirects.LongToSeoURLServlet.doGet(LongToSeoURLServlet.java:108)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:743)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.TailFilter.doFilter(TailFilter.java:26)
	at com.bea.p13n.servlets.PortalServletFilter.doFilter(PortalServletFilter.java:251)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3251)
	at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
	at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:121)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2010)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:1916)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1366)
	at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:209)
	at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:181)