Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal not working

helenherbert007
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Our sure signal was is used at SA71 5SJ hasnt worked for about a week now. We did have a 3g problem in the area on Monday which is now all resolved but we have multiple mobile phones, all different makes and models which used to work but are now not receiving any signal from the sure signal. It has been factory resetted twice over the past week and can confirm that the broadband is working fine. The ethernet cable has been replaced.

We have a Sagem sure signal with serial number 21197203843. on the front light 1, 2 and 4 are all constant green which light 3 (with the pic of the phone) is just off.

Please advise? Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi 

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Matt

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi helenherbert007,

I can see that the Sure Signal has connected to the server this morning.

If you’re still having trouble, please try the following reset.

-Hold in the reset button until all lights go solid

-Pull the power lead and the Ethernet cable out with the reset button still pushed in

-Continue to hold down the reset button and reconnect the power lead

-Wait for all lights to come on and then release the reset button

-Put the Ethernet cable back in.

James

Hi, Sorry it still isnt working. There 3rd light which is the phone icon is still off. I have done a reset as requested. Please can you advise? Thank you.

Hi helenherbert007,

This is a bit of a strange one.

Everything looks fine with the setup and registration.

I’ve manually re-synced the Sure Signal for you now, please can you restart your router and the Sure Signal and let me know how you get on.

If this still doesn’t work, it may be worth completely deregistering the Sure Signal for an hour and registering it again to make sure a fresh profile is installed on the device.

James

Hi, I rebooted all the devices-sure signal and router and it still didnt work. I then de-registered the sure signal left it an hour then re-registered the sure singal. That all went through ok, I readded the users and still we havent got a 3g signal on our phones. The sure signal has 3 lights out of the 4 lit on it. The light with the mobile phone next to it is still off.

Any other ideas please? Thanks

Hi helenherbert007,

Thanks for confirming. Your unit is still making successful connections, the last one being just after 3am this morning. I can see you registered everything back up as well late this morning round 11:25am.

Has your ISP let you know about any changes that have been made to your line at all? Has the location of the Sure Signal changed too at any point during the outage you had?

Thanks, Ben

Hi, No we havent recieved any changes with the ISP connection. The sure signal was working fine until last Monday the 9th when we lost Vodafone signal in our area here. WE are unable to make/recieve calls/ recieve emails etc the only thing that worked was text messages. That problem was resolved within 24 hours but the sure signal didnt restore any connection.

the sure signal hasnt been moved at all.

Sorry..can you advise anything else?? Thank you

Hi helenherbert007, 

Can you try the Sure Signal at a different location so that we can determine where the issue lies?

You don't need to deregister it, simply try it at a friend or neighbours house to see if you can make a successful call. 

Let us know how you get on, 

Kay

Hi, I moved it to another broadband in the same area and we are still not getting a connection. Again the 3rd light (the mobile phone icon is still off). Is there anything else we can try please?