Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal not working

PRSce24
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I have the SS V2 and I've noticed that none of the lights are on and the unit no longer seems to be working. I've tried resetting it a number of times with no luck. I've tried ringing 191 a number of times desperate to speak to a human being... also with no luck.

Due to where I live my phone signal can be a bit hit and miss so it's only recently I've noticed the unit appears to be dead. I don't really see why I should pay £100 for a new unit when I've been with Vodafone for a few years. Any help on getting the unit up and working again would be appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Matt

Okay, after following your links my d/l speed is 19.45 Mbps, ping speed 31ms. My IP address is 2.31.67.83 and my SS2 serial number is 40112871104. I hope this helps.

There doesn't seem to be too much information on units where there is no power light.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi PRSce24,

Please test your Sure Signal with a different socket.

If you’re still seeing no lights, it looks like the Sure Signal is faulty.

Please see our repair process here.

Thanks,

Gemma

Thanks for your reply. I've tried plugging the unit into various sockets around the house and it is deader than a dead thing. Nothing at is lighting up so I can only assume it's a defective power supply or the unit itself is DOA. I suppose the next step is to take it to my nearest Vodafone dealer. I just hope they don't try and fob me by trying to get me to spend £100 on a new one.