Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal not working

DT47
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have Sure Signal connected through a ZyXEL router to my fibre Boradband. Despite hours on the phone and on line Chat to Vodafone and assitance from my ISP I cannot get the device to connect. It attempts (white flashing light ) but then fails. ZyXEL software monitor  shows router can see Sure Signalbox and knows its MAC etc still no go after many reboots.

Any ideas anyone.

5 REPLIES 5

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@DT47 - Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

• Your speed test results from here.
  • Your ping test results from here.
  • Your external IP address from here.
  • The results of a traceroute.
  • Your Sure Signal serial number: 

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

1. Click on Start and select Run
  2. Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
  3. A black box will appear.
  4. In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter
  5. Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks for response. I have over an hour onlind chat with your support with no consistant apporach to the porblem. Hoveeber is answer to you questions.

Speed Test 35 mps download 9.41 upload

Ping 35 ms

My address 82.71.36.24

I am not sure how to do VSS check as I am on Apple Mac.

Serial Number 42152959005

I have done the port forwarding as suggested. Not sure how to ensure all the IP address should point to my address.

ZyXEL router is in use and the software assococited with it can "see" the Sure signal box and knows its Mac and fixed IP.

Still just online red light and continueous flashing of white "connecting" light now been flashing for 30 plus hours. I have had at least four online chats with support and three telephone calls and talked to my ISP and  ZyXEL

The Sure signal documentation thats comes with the box makes no mention of the difficulites possible in set up and based upon my experience so far is a rip off. I hope someone out there can change my view.

I am however not holding my breath and will need to research alternative mobile providers

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@DT47 Thanks for providing us with those details. 

I've checked your Sure Signal and it seems to have made a connection with our servers, last night. 

As you've recently made changes to your settings as advised, I've resynced your Sure Signal. This will refresh your connection with our servers. Please allow up to six hours for this to complete.

If you still experience issues with this, please let us know. 

Thanks, It seemed to connect and then went off again but that may have been around the time you resynced.

It has since returned so we will wait and see.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for updating us @DT47.

If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to get in touch :smileyhappy: