Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal only connecting to one phone

coachzen
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I am trying here as a last resort, as telephone support for this had a major fail due to not doing as I requested by trying to resolve the issue using the standard help KT scripts.

Problem is I have 4 phones "registered" to the Sure Signal, but only one actually gets a 3G signal (that being the "Administrators" phone).

I have rebooted (numerous times) the Sure Signal, Performed Hard resets, Opened up the ports that Vodafone dont tell you about on the router, De-registered and re-registered the Sure Signal and all the associated numbers. Still after telling the Phone support person her advice was while on the call to her to power off the Router and Sure Signal, Wait for 2 minutes and power back on the router and Sure signal. Guess what happened as soon as they were powered off. Call was dropped, because of no network coverage.

Can anyone provide details on why this issue is happening and how to resolve it.

Sure Signal Serial Number is 21197029750

Network is Virgin 60Mb and trace routes get to Vodafones outer firewalls.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The phones used to work, and now they do again. I managed to speak to a helpful phone support lady, and she managed to get the VSS "resynch" itself and pick up all the phones again. All is working well now.

View solution in original position

11 REPLIES 11

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there coachzen,

Thanks for your post.

Can you confirm if the other three phones have ever been able to connect to the VSS?

I can see it was de-registered and re-registered on the 24th and has since been able to connect to our servers. Was it you who de-registered the device then registered it again?

Can you confirm the three phones that are currently unable to connect with the VSS have 3G enabled? If so, please could you try enabling then disabling airplane mode?

Are you able to try the VSS on another connection, say at a friend or relative's house to see if the same issue is present?

Cheers,

LeeH

The phones used to work, and now they do again. I managed to speak to a helpful phone support lady, and she managed to get the VSS "resynch" itself and pick up all the phones again. All is working well now.

I have exactly the same problem.  My personal phone has continued to work but since the 24th December my corporate blackberry will no longer get a signal from the suresignal.  I spent most of the day yesterday talking to Customer Services, they have tried everything including a re-calibration but still no joy.  They are saying it must be the suresignal because they've tried everything with the handset, which work absolutely fine on 3G where there is normal network coverage.

The following are what we've done so far:

- Reset & re-calibration of suresignal

- hard re-set on phone

- manual network setting on phone

- Swapped telephone number to a new SIM

Can anyone help?

Tree

Hi treetimm,

It’s unusual that with everything you’ve tried so far that your phone won’t connect to the Sure Signal. If you log into your admin control panel via My Vodafone, are both numbers still showing as registered to the device?

If they are, can you de-register the non-working number, leave it for 10-15 mins and then re register it. Once you’ve done this can you reset your device by doing the following:-

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead.
  • Once all lights display release the reset button.
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

If this doesn’t work for you, can you let us know the Sure Signal serial number please so we can investigate further.

Thanks

Andrew

Well, it's most bizarre...During the night it started working again, I've no idea why but touch wood it's keeping it's 3G signal at the moment Thanks for your help, hopefully this will continue Regards Katrina

I've got a similar problem, Sure Signal box with two phones, both of which used to work with it anywhere in the building. Now only one phone works and displays a 5 bar signal. The other doesn't work and displays no signal unless it is placed near a particular upstairs window, where it picks up a weak network signal. I've been through the usual hoops - resynch, resetting the box - with no success.

When I log in to My account then Manage Users in My Sure Signal, it lists only the number that works and does not list the one that doesn't . I have been told that this is bacause the number associated with My account doesn't get listed. Is that correct? I've tried adding the second number, but it won't let me.

Any help in resoving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

Hi DaveGi

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Matt

Hi Matt

I've been abroad on and off and have not got round to replying until now. However the problem persists, one phone (07714,,,) displays 5 bars from the Sure Signal but the other (07803...) only shows a weak network signal and only then when near an upstairs window facing the right way.

Here is the information you requested:

Download speed 8.58 Mbps
Upload speed 0.38 Mbps

Packet loss 0%
Ping 36 ms
Jitter 2 ms

IP address 195.137.75.24

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Dave>tracert 212.183.133.177

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  READYSHARE [192.168.0.1]
  2    33 ms    33 ms    32 ms  85-210-250-37.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com [85.210.250
.37]
  3    34 ms    32 ms    33 ms  85.210.255.2
  4    33 ms    34 ms    33 ms  80.40.155.100
  5    33 ms    32 ms    33 ms  80.40.155.101
  6    33 ms    33 ms    34 ms  xe-8-3-0.bragg001.log.as13285.net [80.40.155.33]

7    35 ms    34 ms    34 ms  xe-5-3-0.scr001.log.as13285.net [80.40.155.50]
  8    35 ms    33 ms    33 ms  host-78-144-0-174.as13285.net [78.144.0.174]
  9    38 ms    38 ms    35 ms  ldngw1.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.209]
 10    36 ms    36 ms    36 ms  85.205.116.6
 11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 17     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 18     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 19     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 20     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 21     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 22     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 23     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 24     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 25     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 26     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 27     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 28     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 29     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.

Sure Signal serial number is 40123563203

Best regards

Dave

Correction, IP address is 195.137.75.249