Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal only connecting to one phone

coachzen
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I am trying here as a last resort, as telephone support for this had a major fail due to not doing as I requested by trying to resolve the issue using the standard help KT scripts.

Problem is I have 4 phones "registered" to the Sure Signal, but only one actually gets a 3G signal (that being the "Administrators" phone).

I have rebooted (numerous times) the Sure Signal, Performed Hard resets, Opened up the ports that Vodafone dont tell you about on the router, De-registered and re-registered the Sure Signal and all the associated numbers. Still after telling the Phone support person her advice was while on the call to her to power off the Router and Sure Signal, Wait for 2 minutes and power back on the router and Sure signal. Guess what happened as soon as they were powered off. Call was dropped, because of no network coverage.

Can anyone provide details on why this issue is happening and how to resolve it.

Sure Signal Serial Number is 21197029750

Network is Virgin 60Mb and trace routes get to Vodafones outer firewalls.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The phones used to work, and now they do again. I managed to speak to a helpful phone support lady, and she managed to get the VSS "resynch" itself and pick up all the phones again. All is working well now.

View solution in original position

11 REPLIES 11

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi DaveGi,

As one phone is working fine the connection, including your IP address, would be fine.

I can see that you've been trying to add the number registered as the Sure Signal owner, which is why it’s been failing. This number is automatically assigned access, and it's only the additional numbers you need to set up separately.

I've done a resync of the Sure Signal to try and clear the problem you're seeing so can you reset the Sure Signal box for me?

For Sure Signal version 1 or 2:

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead.
  • Once all lights display release the reset button.
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

For Sure Signal version 3:

• Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports.
  • Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds.
  • Once the lights come back on, release the button.
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

One other thought is to check that the phone which won’t connect has 3G switched on. I know some people turn it off to minimise data use when roaming, and the Sure Signal only provides a 3G signal.

Dave

If I've helped at all today, why not leave me a little feedback?

Dave

Thank you for a thougtful and helpful reply.  Your suggestion that 3G might be disabled in the errant phone was spot on. I don't know how it happened as it is buried in a menu, but the network mode was set to GSM only. After switching it back to GSM / WCDMA auto, the phone works with the Sure Signal.

I could have saved time and grief if I had thought of this myself!

Tkanks again

Dave