cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal outage, December 2014, Plusnet broadband.

mccormick_cj
2: Seeker

I've called Vodafone today to inform them that my SS 2 has failed:  Flashes white lights for a while, they go out for a while, repeats.  They inform me that a software update (not sure whose software) has caused an outage for customers using the Plusnet ISP. 

Some more information from Vodafone would be appreciated!

Colin

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I seem to have the same problem with my SS1 since yesterday,I am a Plusnet customer also

This has happened to me also. I have a series 3 and only had a flashing red light and two orange lights. I am also a Plusnet subscriber. Please can someone from Vodafone explain in detail what has happened to your products. Strange also, because I had two emails a couple of weeks ago from Vodafone , saying that they would deactivate my Sure Signal through inactivity. When I phoned Vodafone, they had my original mark one registered to me?? I bought the new one in 2013 and registered it immediately. Now this?? Please Vodafone - some explanations for Plusnet users.

Indeed, very annoying, especially as information is so hard to get hold of about it!

Does nobody test updates to the devices?

mccormick_cj

As of 18.12.14 15:00 it seems to be online again.

Colin

Hi everyone,

I believe this was a Plusnet related issue that has now been resolved.

If you reset your Sure Signal's, they should now connect fine.

Thanks,

Matt B

MY SS has been down since 17 December 2014.  I have reset it at least 50 times and also have done the port forwarding based on the details sent to me by Vodafone.  However, my SS is still not working.

Light 1 flashes and remains on, light 2 then flashes and remains on, light 4 then flashes and the box closes down.  It then starts the whole process again and again.

Please please can someone help me!! 

Thanks

Raj

Just checked mine today 08.01.15 at 13:20, working fine.  Plusnet issue seems to have been resolved some weeks ago.  If yours is still playing up, you may need to ask Vodafone for help.

Regards,

Colin

Thanks Colin

I have called them on numerous occasions and they are no use at all!!

Keep asking me to do the usual checks which I have done and then still can't help saying its a router issue.  I have no faith them in them whatsoever!!

Every "Vodafone techie" keeps saying the same thing re the basic checks and none of them actually offer any more than this!

Cheers

Raj

cineriv
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi Raj,

Your symptoms seem very similar to a failing power supply, it's becoming a very common problem at the moment. but fairly cheap and easy to rectify if you have the Mk.1 or 2 version.

Here are some recent threads from users that have discovered that their problem was the power supply ......

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/VSS1-in-constant-loop/td-p/2335822

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Sure-signal-V1-not-connecting/td-p/1995879

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Sure-signal-not-working/m-p/2336935#M66467

If you think that your problem fits this category,  power supplies can be purchased from Amazon for aroud £10-12.

Good luck.

Mike.