Ask a question:
Rank 2: First Poster
kcparsons2

Sure Signal post code

[ Edited ]

My sure signal seems to be showing up on Google maps as in London when it should be in NR7 0RT.The serial number is 40114512433 (Hope I'm allowed to post it.) 

Message 1 of 16 (5,872 Views)
Rank 27: Mentor I
_365_

Re: Sure Signal post code

Have u checked what your postcode is under myAccount > My Sure Signal > Manage Sure Signal > Change Postcode

:smileyhappy:

Message 2 of 16 (5,785 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
kcparsons2

Its set to the write post code

Message 3 of 16 (5,777 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Hi kcparsons2

Thank you for your posts and it is great to see you here. :smileyhappy:

Please could you confirm that this has worked for you?

If this has not rectified the issue please let us know and we can look to amend this from our end and take a look at the Service Area Code, I have sent you a Private Message should you need to inform us.

You can find your PM inbox here.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

It would be amazing if you could take 30 seconds to complete a quick survey to aid my development. :smileyvery-happy:

Message 4 of 16 (5,759 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
gsgsgs

I have this same issue, although at different postcode areas to the originator of the thread.  I to have check the settings on my account and this is set up correctly to my actual postcode.

Message 5 of 16 (5,518 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hi there gsgsgs,

Many thanks for your post.

I have already logged your query to be worked so there is no need to post again about the same issue.

Your other thread

One of the team will be with you as soon as they can.

Cheers,

Lee

Message 6 of 16 (5,515 Views)
dsw76

Hi,

I'm having a similar issue. I purchased a second hand Sure Signal and my Google Maps location is showing the address of the previous owner.

My postcode is set correctly so I guess it's the SAC. Can someone from the Tech Team help me out?

My SS serial number is 40114243856.

thanks

dave

Message 7 of 16 (5,279 Views)
dsw76

Sorry to reply to my own post, but can someone from Techteam help me out (or am I better starting a new thread)?

thanks,

dave

Message 8 of 16 (5,248 Views)
Tech Team
Simon

Hi dsw76

Thanks for your post. Having checked the user account and the SAC you're registered correctly. It would only become a SAC issue where this would need to be changed if you're unable to make outbound calls and you see a 'Call Failed' message on your phone.

Firstly I'd try to change your location on the Sure Signal dashboard via My Account to our office address, and once updated change it back to your home post code. We're unable to make this change in our backend systems via the serial number and would require your mobile number to do this. We'll be more than happy for you to contact us by e-mail however it could take up to 48 hours for a response as opposed 10 minutes on your own My account login.

From the My Account homepage go to My Sure Signal > Manage Sure Signal > Change postcode and then change to ST1 5GP. After about 5 minutes try the same again changing the postcode back to your postcode where the Sure Signal is to be registered.

Unfortunately if this doesn't work there is little else we can do in this situation where the Sure Signal location shows as different to the correct location you have in My Account. You could switch your location services to WiFi to ensure that your phone shows as in the correct area.

Thanks

Simon

Message 9 of 16 (5,247 Views)
dsw76

Thanks for your reply.

I've updated the postcode as you described and I'll try it at home tonight.

Unfortunately I can't set my handset (HTC Desire S) to use Wifi only for location services - the options are 1. wifi and/or mobile networks or 2. GPS.

dave

Message 10 of 16 (5,242 Views)
dsw76

Finally got it working (I think).

My house is a new build and the postcode wasn't accepted so I entered the postcode of the next street (which was built a year or so before mine). That was accepted however the location still reverted back to your ST1 area. Finally I put in a postcode of a long-standing pub nearby and that appears to have done the trick.

So I guess it's something to do with a postcode database somewhere being out of date.

Thanks for your help Simon.

Message 11 of 16 (5,219 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi dsw76

Thanks for letting us know you have managed to get this working. That’s great news.

We’ll need to have you on the correct postcode though for the emergency services to locate you, should you need to call them.

Can you let me know the two postcodes that failed for you and we’ll get our postcode database updated so that you can register with the correct one?

Thanks

Wayne

If you have a spare minute could you please take the time to fill out a short feedback form about me?

You can do so here

Message 12 of 16 (5,199 Views)
dsw76

My postcode is G77 6GQ and the nearby street that also failed was G77 6FS.

thanks,

dave

Message 13 of 16 (5,194 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi dsw76,

Thanks for letting us know the postcodes.

We are currently waiting for our support teams to come back to us regarding this however once we have added these for you we will let you know. :smileywink:

James

If you have any comments regarding how I have handled your query today, please complete our short feedback survey.

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 14 of 16 (5,168 Views)
dsw76

Hi,

The postcode location thing stopped working again so I changed the sure signal postcode to another one nearby and after working for a bit still thinks I'm in Wilmslow. I have just received an alert email saying that my sure signal has moved from the original address it was registered to and that I should put my postcode back in, so I put my *actual* postcode in and it says it's an invalid postcode! Very frustrating!

Can someone on the Tech Team please ensure my actual postcode (shown earlier in this thread) is registered against my sure signal and (for a bonus :smileywink: fix it so that my phone shows the correct location?

thanks,

dave

Message 15 of 16 (5,027 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi dsw76,

We are currently trying to find someone who can update the postcode database for us unfortunately this does seem to be a little harder than initially thought.

Once we have an update we will be in touch.

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 16 of 16 (4,993 Views)