Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal problem

Capers1965
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

I have recently (approx 2 days ago) added another number to the list of authorised users for my sure signal, but the new phone is still not getting a 3G signal.

The new number is a vodafone number

This new phone is the forth phone added to the sure signal.

I have tried a re-boot: press & hold the reset for 30secs, remove the power lead and then return the power lead.

My sure signal ID is 40120230772

Can you please advise on what I need to do to get a 3G service for the new phone.

6 REPLIES 6

Retired-Simon
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Capers1965

Thanks for your post. I've had a look at your Sure Signal and can see that another number was added on 01/03. I can't see any reason why the number won't connect. I've forced a resync of your Sure Signal to see if this pushes the connection through. To complete the process, please factory reset your Sure Signal as follows:

• Hold the reset button till all the lights come on or flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the rest button held, remove and re-insert the power lead
  • Once all the lights come on or flash, release the reset button
  • The VSS should come online within the hour

If this doesn't work then please let me know.

Thanks

Simon

Hello,

Thanks for your update.

The reason the phone only shows as being added on 1st March is because I removed and the re-added it on this date to see if I could force a connection - but it didn't work.

I have followed your advice and will update this when I have an answer.

Well, I have rebooted the SS as you mentioned.

All of the original phones have now got 3G - no change there.

But the new phone still doesn't have 3G.

What is going on? why can't this phone have a 3G signal from the SS

Hi Capers1965,

Let's try and pin the issue down.

The connection works - the other phones are fine - so we can ignore that. You're under the maximum number of active users - 4 on the older Sure Signals, 8 on the latest - so that's not the issue. That leaves the phone, the SIM or the number.

Can you try swapping the SIM into one of the other phones for me to see if it connects? If it does then the SIM and number are fine.

Similarly, pop the SIM from one of the working numbers in the new phone and try that. If that works then the phone is OK. If this is the case, try removing the number, waiting for about an hour, then re-registering it.

Let us know how you get on.

Dave

Thanks for your reply.

I hope all this will make sense to you.

The 4 phones are

1. Blackberry

2. Nokia C2

3. Nokia Lumia 610

4. Nokia Lumia 710 (the problem phone).

Only phone 3 & 4 are compatable with micro-sim cards.

Phone 3 works perfectly (as do 1 & 2) and have done for ages now.

I have taken the sim from 3 and put it in 4 and it connected to 3G within seconds of re-booting.

I put the sim from 4 into 3 - no 3G, not even after 3 or 4 hours

I have taken phone 4 (with its sim) to a 3G area (dont get 3G or gprs at home hence the SS) and the phone connected with a 'H'

So, I dont think that the sim is the problem.

Hi Capers1965, 

thanks for the additional testing, it certainly helps us narrow down the issue.

I think this is still SIM related - for some reason your Sure Signal isn't picking up the new SIM and giving it a 3G connection.

Are you able to de-register your Sure Signal completely and re-register it with all 4 numbers? 

This should force it to pick up phone 4, if it doesn't then we can replace the SIM and see if this fixes it.

Paul