Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal registration

GTR_NC
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I've purchased a second hand Sure Signal which keeps coming up with an error message when I attempt to register it:-

Sorry there seems to be a problem

we're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later:: 500, 3001 [2o2]

I've tried to register it a few times over the past days ans still the same message. From what I've seen here it could be a multitude of issues but to start would a tech rep be able to confirm the unit has been deregistered correctly? It's serial number is:- 4215166105

All senisble commens welcome and thanks if the registration could be checked.

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @GTR_NC

The device has not been deregistered from the original owners account. Until this has been done, you will be unable to register the device for your use and will continue to receive the error message.

You will need to contact the seller and ask the seller to contact Vodafone or deregister from the online account.

Yep, asked that question before purchasing it and you can guess the answer...

BandOfBrothers

Hi @GTR_NC

It's good to hear you've already performed a search on the forum and determined yourself this is most probably a case of the Sure Signal not being properly De-Registered. 

As long as the original owner has Account Access to their myvodafone account they'll just need to log into their Dashboard and confirm the De-Register.

This link explains what the original owner must do -> How-do-I-de-register-my-Sure-Signal.

If they no longer have Account Access then they will need to talk with a Vodafone Customer Service Fronline Agent via Live Chat or by calling 191 from their phone or by Landline Tel :03333040191 

Once they've completed this you should be able to register. I would suggest clearing the Caches and Cookies of your browser or use an alternative browser before trying to carry out the registration. 

The Vodafone Team here would only be able to help the original owner which is to protect the Security and ownership of the Sure Signal device. 

I hope all goes ok for you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

As mentioned before, I did ask the question before purchasing and have sent a request asking that they double check with Vodafone.

If I'm not happy with how it's going over the next few days, It's going back.

If I hear anything sensible, I'll post the response.

Cheers  

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@GTR_NC The serial number you've given is invalid. 

Please double check the number and then try to register it again through your My Vodafone account. 

If you'd like us to confirm if it's been deregistered, please get back to us with the serial number.