Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal resync?

tshaw
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have moved my sure signal 3  to a new address and it no longer connects, please can someone resync it?

It replaced a Sure Signal 1 that stopped functioning.

sn 40123307031

Regards,

Tim 

13 REPLIES 13

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

The results above show that there is enough capacity on the line to carry the calls, that the service is actually going to target the correct server, and that it is getting there in a timely manner.

All of which are standard instructions and protocols that routers and the internet respond to well.

The suresignal box, to keep the phone calls secure, has to create a private tunnel back to vodafone, and these are not always allowed through or recognised by the router for whatever reason.

I know from other posts that BT Home Hubs sometimes have trouble letting the connection through, even more so if it is one of the new infinity fibre connections.

Take a look at the other BT threads in the Sure Signal part of the forums to see if ayone is using the same model, and what the solution was, to see if it will also work for you.

Hi tshaw,

Can you try this back on the sky router if possible?

The reason that I ask is that we are currently investigating an issue with BT that could be affecting you.

James

Hi,

I have moved it back to the Sky router and I get one orange light on the front.

Can somone resync it for me, I have tried a reset already.

sn 40123307031

Tim 

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi tshaw

I've re-synced this for you. Please do a factory re-set to complete the process.

VSS Factory Reset

* Hold the reset button till all the lights come on or flash (about 30 seconds)
* Keeping the rest button held, remove and re-insert the power lead
* Once all the lights come on or flash, release the reset button
* The VSS should come online within the hour

Thanks

Sukhi