Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal - so utterly useless

stevekale
4: Newbie

I am absolutely fed up with my Sure Signal.  It has a connection to the Vodafone server.  I have a 100mbps internet service via fibre optic cable (Virgin Media) which has been tested to show more than plenty of bandwidth for video telephony let alone a basic voice call. I get a full strangth connection to the Not So Sure Signal device yet the call quality is utterly useless. It is intermittent and one can't even have a basic conversation.  There's clearly a massive latency or similar issue.  I have tested the latency of my Internet service and the problem isn't there.  It must be Vodafone's servers.  Anyone know the server address to do a Traceroute test?  I'm about to switch to O2 - at least then I won't need the booster at all!!!!

16 REPLIES 16

Just send me a PAC code

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @stevekale

It's a shame you're looking to leave.

You can request your PAC on our cancellation page.

Thanks,

Ben

We have been grappling with this useless Sure Signal service for 3 years.  Time to move on to a provider with a better network.  100 yards from Kensington High Street tube station and I can't get mobile service inside my house.  It's pathetic. 

Hi @stevekale

Can you let me know your full postcode?

I’ll then be happy to take a look at your local area.

Thanks,

Wayne

W8 4NU

Hi @stevekale

Signal should generally be quite good in that area.

However, we can’t guarantee signal indoors, especially with the types of houses that are in this area of London (multiple floor, thick bricked homes).

Does the issue with your Signal happen on every call? Or intermittently?

Thanks,

Wayne

It's a known weak spot in your coverage.  Just ask our neighbours who have switched.  I have raised it in-store with Vodafne and they have confirmed this.  We trialled 4G but it did not help - not at all.

Sure Signal sometimes works.  When you have high levels of latency in the Vodafone network, it does not.  It happens so often as to not be reliable at all.  As I have said, we do not have problems using video Internet based communications such as Skype.  It's just Sure Signal.