Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal still draining battery life

Rory59
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have used a Blackberry Torch Touch 9860 for 18 months with no problems. I recently moved to an area with poor signal (only available at the landing window) so I installed a Vodafone Sure Signal. My battery life dropped from 36 hours to just 8. I assumed my battery was at the end of its life so bought a new one, which did the same thing. Then I turned the VSS off and battery life is back to normal. I have read similar posts going back to 2011 / 2012 so is there yet any explanation why this happens, and any way to resolve it, other than simply scrapping the VSS?

2 REPLIES 2

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Rory59

I'm afraid we don't know why this happens. Have you got another phones connected to the Sure Signal? If so, do you see the same thing happen?

Have you tried disabling any automatic sync options to see if that helps improve battery life?

Thanks

Sukhi

One other phone attached and it has same problem. Turning off auto sync makes no difference. I was really surprised to find that when I spoke to an employee in your Telford shop he said he had never heard of any problems with the VSS. I suggest you make all employees aware of this potential problem so at least customers can make an informed choice over whether to spend their money. I will now re-sell the VSS and struggle on to the end of my contract.