Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal stopped working

TanyaF
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a Sure Signal in the house and another in the home office, both working off the same broadband since March 2013. The Sure Signal in the office was working fine on 24th December but since I returned to work on the 2nd, I can't get it to respond.  Meanwhile, the one in the house is perfectly fine.

The red power light is constant but none of the other system lights flash apart from once briefly after re-setting it. There are then no other lights or response from it and it doesn't appear to be going through the normal reset process. We have tried re-setting it and disconnecting the power but nothing is working. I have followed the instructions in the Troubleshooting pages and have left the Sure Signal over 6 hours in the hope that it would eventually start to reboot. I cannot call the Support team as have no landline in the office and have zero mobile coverage without the Sure Signal.

Please can you suggest what I can try next as I require a phone for work and business was only possible yesterday because many customers are still on leave.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Matt

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Matt

Thank you.

I had found the troubleshooting thread earlier and it appears that it was an issue with no internal IP address being assigned to the Sure Signal. This has now been done and the issue has been resolved.

Thanks for your help.

Tanya

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi TanyaF,

That’s great. :Smiling: 

Thanks for letting us know.

Gemma