Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal stopped working

Gatehouse
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
I have been using a sure signal V1 for a few years with only occasional resets needed. Last week it stopped working. I have tried the troubleshooting guide but still no luck. A friend has given me a V2 device and I have registered it to my account and ensured all the firewall ports are open. The serial number of the V2 device is 40113306340. The red power light is on and the other 2 lights continue to flash. The V2 device had not been used for several months. Does it need to be resynced?
7 REPLIES 7

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Gatehouse,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

DaveCD

Hi Dave,

I've been through the troubleshooting guide already and I my V1 device has been working fine for many months. Nothing has changed with my configuration / ISP or router. Can you check that the serial number of the V2 device I provided is enabled and active?

Many thanks.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Gatehouse

I can see that the device is enabled and active but has not connected with our servers for a very long time.

I can also see that these are your first two posts on the eForum and cannot see the steps requested in the troubleshooting to help us resolve your query.

I will need to know your speed tests to see your connection is suitable enough for the Sure Signal.

I will need your Ping test to see that information is being carried to and from your servers without any loss.

I'll also need a traceroute to see that the information being sent to our servers is reaching us.

The device doesn't appear to have been deregistered by the original owner, so without this you will not be able to manage the numbers it serves in the administration area, is it possible to ask the original owner to do this?

If you can provide this, we'll be in a better position.

DaveCD

Gatehouse,

My V1 VSS stopped working last week too.  It appears several folk have now posted on the forum reporting this issue with the same problem.  Hope you get your V2 set up successfully soon.

Kind regards,

Hi Dave,

I will check that the original owner has deregistered the V2 device. I am certain there is no issue with my connection speed - FYI it is 7MB down and 0.5MB up. I am away fro home now until Saturday and will try it again then. Looking at another response to my post it appears that other V1 users are experiencing problems - did Vodafone carry out an update last week?

Hi guys,

shetlandpony - Can you follow the information here.  Also  if that doesn't help:

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Gatehouse - We're not aware that an update went out last week. Let us know when you hear back from the original owner.

Thanks

Ian

Just a brief update.  I tried the V2 device again but still got the red power light and 2 lights adjacent were flashing.

I went back to my V1 device (serial no. 21196835124) and tried it again but got a mix of lights 1,2 and 3 flashing.  I decided to try a different router, although the device had been working fine with my Netgear DGND3700V2 with the relevant ports open.  I dug out my previous router (Netgear DG834V3) and put the Sure Signal in the DMZ which I know isn't ideal but I wanted to rule out any port blocking issues.  When I got back a few hours later the Sure Signal is back online.  I won't leave the Sure Signal permanently in the DMZ and will look at trying it back with my newer router - however I am pleased the problem seems to be resolved and will leave it as it is for a week before making any other changes.