Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal suspended

keredB1
2: Seeker

S/N  21230515518

I attempted to connect using my Sure Signal unit with no result. On investigating I discovered vodofone had sent an email advising it had been suspended due to inactivity.

Can anyone advise how I can restore the Sure Signal ?

keredb1

Additional- 10Jan15

The first LED is now stuck in flashing mode.

Reading through other posts, I may have had a firmware update error which resulted in the device being suspended.

12Jan15- SureSignal restored.

Spoke to an agent at vodafone who confirmed a sever fault. Restored my permissions in less than 2 minutes. I was able to use 3G the following day. 

46 REPLIES 46

Good question. After three days and nights of speaking to the tech team without success I gave up and closed my account. Both phone numbers are being ported to O2 in the hope their Tu Go service works. The SS team reset my link, confirmed all was in order and the service would resume after 24 hrs. It didn't. My final call in a series of them resulted in their advisor telling me the SS account was not registered to my number. I checked there and then online and the My Vodaphone dashboard was showing my number as the registered owner. The adviser said he couldn't see this among the account details. I wished him well and moved on. Have a look at the other posts on this forum. Do you see ANY that has had a satisfactory resolution? 

I contacted Vodafone by live chat last night as they have emailed to say my suresignal box is suspended due to inactivity (which, by the way I cannot understand as I use it daily). I was eventually phoned back by someone (Smith) who said they would transfer me to the technical team. After holding, Smith informed me that the technical team had closed early for the day so he would phone back tomorrow at my convenience. I said 10am would be fine, to which he replied, well, 11am - not exactly at my convenience. And so it is now 12.45pm and I still have not had a call back.

Extremely poor customer service all round. Firstly that my suresignal has been suspend for no reason, second that the technical team finished early and so I could not resolve my issue last night, and thirdly that my promised call has not materialised today.

And now having read the rest of the posts I aphave no confidence that my problem will be resolved.

Also, as a matter of interest, despite apparently having 2 bars of signal anyway, I still can't make a call or send a text.

Can anybody help???

I have had a Sure Signal for 2 and a half years, it was bought because I do not get coverage in my area and I've had mostly flawless service with it. That was until I woke on Saturday morning with no signal and an email from Vodafone saying that my Vodafone Sure Signal had been suspended due to inactivity. My Sure Signal box has been in constant use since I bought it - as I stated before - it was bought becuse I don't get coverage where I live. I had to log into my Vodafone account and re-register my Sure Signal as it had dissappeared for my settings entirely.

The other strange thing is that I can not add users, the page comes up with an error saying that there is an issue and they are working hard to fix it.

Needless to say, like everone else on this forum that have posted issues about their Sure Signal being suspended I have followed all the advice, reboots, resets, factory resets, leaving it on for 24hrs - Nothing works. I have phoned Vodafone and was passed from pillar to post, had to speak to 4 different people and explain my situation over and over again but no one could tell me what the problem is or if it's fixable.

i`m in exactely the same situation, i have 2 x v2 sure signals both have stopped working i have had to re-register them, still no joy, they have both worked faultlessly for the last 2 years, now i can not get anything to work done all of the resets over the phone, ect. i think vodaphone have a problem and need to sort it out, seriously thinking of looking at changing networks

I have just changed networks. Gave up after days of going through what the OP went through. When I asked for two porting codes Vodafone put my call through to the "sales team" and I was back on the merry-go-round that gets you nowhere. I think the 24 hours tactic is to give them some breathing space while they arrange a patch. Pity, I liked Vodafone.

Hi  - thanks for the response. Yes I did have an old model which was replaced - so that could be the explanation. I should have looked previously, but the serial number on the active Sure Signal is 40132721651. I suppose that Sure Signal serial number 21196812396 referred to in the original email was the old one. Thanks to all for the help

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Good afternoon, 

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

Keep checking here for updates on this issue. 

Thanks, 

Kay

Hi, I can only add my woes to everyone elses. I had a v1 for a year and it worked fine until begin December last year. I thought oh well maybe the lightning has messed it up. Reset router, reset sure signal, nothing. Contacted vodafone, contacted BT. Everyone passing the buck. Did pings and speed tests and all the other test they recommend nothing. Ok I thought maybe the v1 has packed in although it still had a powerlight. So I go and get a new v2. New register, new set up, same problem. This one connects to the internet after a while but that's it. It will not link up with our phones even though all the numbers are registered online. What do I do now? Get a new psu as some people suggest? I just got a new sure signal box so surely the psu isn't the problem is it? Will vodafone PLEASE sort this out???

Well I think that like the others, it is time to give our custom to another company. I wonder if VF even cares that it is hemorrhaging thier customers?

They soon will when they have to start laying their employees off due to a lower revenue income.

Bye bye.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mobile Device: HTC One M8
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cordelia001

I have got the same problem. After having got the message that my Sure Signal was suspended due to inaction (not true, used daily) I called the help desk and got instructions how to set up port forwarding. But that didn't help. I also tried connecting the Sure Signal to another computer with a different router from another provider, but got the same problem: first light on, second light blinking.

After reading other posts regarding this problem and the apparent inability of Vodafone to solve it, I've decided to chuck my Sure Signal in the bin and go somewhere else.