Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal suspended

keredB1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

S/N  21230515518

I attempted to connect using my Sure Signal unit with no result. On investigating I discovered vodofone had sent an email advising it had been suspended due to inactivity.

Can anyone advise how I can restore the Sure Signal ?

keredb1

Additional- 10Jan15

The first LED is now stuck in flashing mode.

Reading through other posts, I may have had a firmware update error which resulted in the device being suspended.

12Jan15- SureSignal restored.

Spoke to an agent at vodafone who confirmed a sever fault. Restored my permissions in less than 2 minutes. I was able to use 3G the following day. 

46 REPLIES 46

I have spoken to them again today and they still cannot help.

I am paying for 2 contracts on phones that I cannot use and there is no indication when it will be resolved.

Port forwarding is a complete waste of time. There is no way it would work for 6 years and then suddenly need port forwarding.

Come on Vodafone, please sort it out!

rew82
3: Seeker
Kay,

You must excuse my earlier rant... I had been in contact with the Tech Team and no one said that you have been experiencing problems reconnecting other Sure Signal's. I feel much more confident that the problem will be fixed now that you have identified that there is an issue... I did think I was going mad for a while 😀

I will keep checking the link you provided for future updates.

Regards

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@rew82 

We've seen a number of Sure Signals spring back into life after following these steps:

• Deregister your Sure Signal on your account
  • Unplug your Sure Signal for 10 minutes
  • Reregister the Sure Signal
  • Plug in the Sure Signal and perform a factory reset

For versions one and two: 

• Hold in the reset button until all lights go solid
  • Pull the power lead out with the reset button still pushed in
  • Continue to hold down the reset button and reconnect the power lead
  • Wait for all lights to come on and then release the reset button

The Sure Signal will be back online in around 1 hour.

For version three:

• Press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds to factory reset the device. This is will trigger the software reload and profile sync to the Femto.

DaveCD

I did all of the above, but it hasn't helped. My Sure Signal is still the same: power light on, second light blinking and almost no signal on my phone. This is so frustrating!

Hi guys,

@rew82 – Have you tried a new power cable and Ethernet cable?

@Cordelia001 – Take a look at our Vodafone Sure Signal trouble shooting guide.

Cheers,

Laura

I have tried a new Ethernet cable and did all the things that are the Trouble Shooting Guide: resetting, Port Forwarding. Nothing helps. Since having had the email saying the Sure Signal was suspended due to inactivity (while it was in use daily) I keep getting the power light on and the second light blinking.

Are you serious????  Try a new power and ethernet cable,,,,,[Removed in line with House Rules]

rew82

Dave,

Thank you.

I have tried your recommendation and have been waiting patiently for my SS to connect to your server but so far nothing.

When I perform a factory reset I have a steady red power light and the two white lights flash for around 5 minutes and then go out. About 2 minutes later they will start to flash again for a few minutes before going off and staying off. I have checked the socket at the back of the SS where the Ethernet goes in and I have a steady orange light and the green light is blinking away so it looks like its trying to do something. I'll give it a while longer. In the mean time is there anything else I can try?

Edit: Still nothing, I thought leaving it over night might help but no joy. The ethernet light at the back is hardly blinking now either so it looks like its waiting for something... a signal from your servers maybe? At a total loss, does the link that Kay provided still stand? That you are having a problem reconnecting Sure Signals to the server? That was posted two days ago, are there any updates on this before I pluck up the patience to phone the Tech Team once more?

rew82
Laura,

Yes I've tried a different power cable... Ended up borrowing a friends who has a Sure Signal. Ethernet cable is fine too... Tried a few and always get the same result.

Problems started on Saturday morning after I got an email saying that my Sure Signal was suspended due to inactivity. No one has been able to reconnect me and one of the Tech Team have admitted that there is a problem reconnecting Sure Signals to your servers and it is being worked on?

I'm all out of ideas and I am totally disappointed that this still hasn't been resolved. I give up.

rew82
@Cordelia001 lucky you having a flashing light to go with your steady red power light! All I have after initial boot up is the red power light 😛