Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal unable to register or manage because site is under "maintenance"

sdavid756
4: Newbie

Apologies in advance but this is going to be more of a rant than a question.

I get practically no coverage where I live, even though it's a densely populated area and not the back of beyond so I ordered a sure signal. It arrived today so eagerly I go to register it and am met with the "Sorry, we're making a few tweaks. We'll be back soon." maintenance message. Phoned 191 and after being passed around got told "sorry you won't be able to register until Saturday at the earliest as we're having some problems at the moment". Frankly, that's p*ss poor, a few hours for a problem I can understand but days worth of outage for what is a critical service is wholly unacceptable from Vodafone, it's not just consumers but business users that rely on the sure signal, god knows why we even bother and stay with Vodafone when there's no coverage!! I've no choice now but to put call divert on to my "emergency" EE sim and use that for the next few days I guess, why do I even stay I have to ask myself.

15 REPLIES 15

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@grouse Thank you for letting us know! 

@anna2825 Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread.

Rahim, if I wasnt so tired Id write some choice words at this point!  After a week of looking at threads, talking online , phoning and being put on hold, going through endless security questions, resets not having any effect and having to contact Vodafone for the millionth time..........I went to the top today and have now got a UK contact dealing with my issue.  Just in time because I am appalled at your treatment of customers frankly!

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@anna2825 This is disappointing to hear.

If you change your mind and need any further help, please let us know. 

grouse
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Everything working great now. Thanks.

GordonP
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I have bought a new Sure Signal but can't register it!!!  

Sorry, there seems to be a problem.

We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later.: 500, 3001 - [1j2]

Have tried different browsers, different laptops, but get the same message.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@GordonP Sorry to hear that you've had trouble registering your Sure Signal. 

If you've still been unable to register your device online, please contact our team directly using the details from the private message I've sent.