Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal v1 first 2 lights only solid

marcuswhawell
2: Seeker

I hope someone can help.

After many (many) years of working troublefree, my v1 Sure Signal has stopped working. A few days ago it was dropping signal, so we were going into airline mode and back out to reconnect, but now this no longer works. Now I only have lights 1 and 2 on solid. When trying all the reset ideas across the forum, I managed to get lights 1 and 3 flashing together, followed by light 2 flashing, then lights 1,2 and 3 flashing. But it has reverted back to 1 and 2 solid. I have performed multiple resets of my broadband router, the sure signal (with button depressed), changed the power lead and changed the ethernet cable. I have made no changes to my router (I'm sorry but I don't understand all the techo jargon  IP addresses, ports or protocols).

Sure signal serial number 21224648317

Router is TalkTalk Huwaei HG635

I did a speedtest (as others seem to have done) Ping 28ms, Download 36.87 Mbps, upload1.72Mbps. 

Can anyone help or advise how to resync - the box has worked pretty much without any issues for 7 years plus. I have tried the "hold the reset button down, pull out power, reattach whilst still holding button in" but no joy.

Many thanks

3 REPLIES 3

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Please go through the Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread as this may help you to resolve your issue.  It has links to the key things you can do to try and resolve the issue you are experiencing.

It may also be worth trying a different power supply with the SureSignal as there have been some reports of different power supplies solving the issues. 

PWIAC

cineriv

Hi Marcus,

I agree with drey_p, the symptoms you have provided certainly point to a degraded power supply. But you have stated that you have already tried another power lead! ..... what is the rating of your replacement?  It must be 12 Volts @1.5 Amps.

Also, you do not mention the 4th. (tick) light which usually attempts to light and not the 3rd. (phone) light. 

Regards.

Mike.

marcuswhawell
Thanks both. Ironically this morning after about 24 hours of playing up, the 3rd light was solid and I had a full 3G signal. It seems all the resetting has worked but took the "20 hours" suggested in some posts. I incorrectly did not believe it would take this long. Thank you for your comments.