Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal v1 not working

strover
4: Newbie
Hi Tech Team

Help please! My VSS v1 has worked fine in recent years but as of New Years Eve gives no vodafone signal. I've tried the usual recommendations and combinations of router and VSS restarts.

The Ethernet activity light flashes happily. The power and "@" lights on the device are solid green. The phone and tick lights are off.
2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Appreciate you've tried some troubleshooting tips. 

May I ask > It maybe worth trying a different power supply with the SureSignal (Version 1 & 2 ), as there have been some reports of replacement power supplies solving the issues. Even if lights / power are showing. They are available on eBay for around £10.

From member cineriv "But firstly, have a look around for a suitable unit with a 12 Volt output @ around 1.5Amp capacity that you could 'borrow' to prove the fault. Suitable units can be found on external hard drives, monitors, printers, routers etc.etc."

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@strover The advice given by @BandOfBrothers is completely right. A new power supply may help to resolve this. 

So we can look into this, please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread.