Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal v1 stopped working...

angusmcdangle
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, my sure signal is showing the correct sequence of lights but no mobile signal whatsoever,

BT Infinity with home hub 5 - added all the necessary to the firewall and sire signal has been working ok, but last couple of days have lights 1, 2 & 4 on but no signal. Have done the hard reset several times, replaced eithernet cable, still nothing.

SN: 21197061183

PLEASE HELP! Our mast is down at the moment (PE31 7DD) and we have NOTHING.

31 REPLIES 31

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi folks,

@Spanishnobby - The last time we attempted to connect to you was last night at 5pm. You're on the latest firmware so please provide your troubleshooting results for support.

@AndyDymond - Your unit is on the latest firmware. Likewise, please use our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread.

Cheers,

Ben

Hi,

It seems i have a similar problem. My Sure Sgnal1 has stopped working. I have lights 1,2 & 4 lit and have tried re-setting but it still does not provide a signal to my phone. 

Please could i have the firmware upgrade too.

Kind regards

Oli

Hi,

Afraid mine's still not working despite the firmware upgrade. Any suggestions?

The third llight is still not lit if that's any help.

Oli

Hi olibeaconsfield,

It's worth testing the Sure Signal at a different location, maybe around a friend’s house.

If the issue still persists, it may be faulty. See ways to arrange a repair here.

Thanks,

Sukhi

Hi Ben,

I tried the Sure Signal at another location and no joy.

I then tried a static address allocation from my broadband router and a new Cat5 cable. I can ping the SS continuously from the LAN side and the 1st 2 lights are coming on.

Can you check if there has been any connection recently to your servers please

S/N: 21232187365

Thanks

Ryan

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Ryan,

This is now showing as last connected with our services this morning.

How are you getting on now?

Thanks,

Jenny 

Thanks Jenny,

I performed a reset this morning. The box is still behaving erratically with different light sequences at different times - mostly power light and second light sready of flashing. Could there be an update happening or has the SS got the latest firmware?

Ryan

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi ryanvodafone,

Your Sure Signal is running on the latest firmware.  We've had a look and it seems like it's going through the set-up process so please leave it for a couple of hours, before resetting it.

kibeeto - I've sent a firmware update to your Sure Signal. Please don't unplug/reset it for at least 24 hours. 

After this time, please turn your phones off and back on. It should then be back up and running

Thanks,

Sukhi

Hi,

The third light is now flashing but there's no reception. Any ideas.

Thanks

Oli

Hi Oli,

Did you have a chance to test your Sure Signal at another location as Sukhi suggested? This will help us to rule out a hardware fault.

Cheers,

Ben