Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal v1 using too much Broadband

Bunion
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I been using Sure Signal for 2 years without a problem, I have recently upgraded my Broadband from 1.5mb to BT Infinity fibre optic. I was impressed with an increase of download speed to 31mbs. I plugged my Sure signal in & it works & increases my Mobile phone signal strength to max. But my BT wifi signal drops to 4.5Mbs, i turned off Sure signal & immediately got internet speeds of 31Mbs. I have logged into my BT Hub settings & it shows my Laptop & home computer as having connection speeds of 54Mbs each. Sure Signal is showing a connection speed of 100Mbs!

Whats going on, i really need sure signal as my signal is so bad down here, but im not willing to sacrifice 26mb of my Wifi for sure signal. I spoke to Vodafone & they say Sure Signal should only be using 1Mb.

Serial Number * 40113855932

1 REPLY 1

Retired-PaulE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Bunion, 

This is a bit of a head-scratcher! You shouldn't be seeing this much broadband loss by plugging in your Sure Signal.

Can you try using a different port on your hub?

Also, can you try logging into your router settings and changing the MTU to 1500 (or as high as you can set it)?

Are you able to try a different router or can you alter the WiFi frequency your router uses as there could be some interference between the Sure Signal and your hub.

Paul