Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal v1

marvtress
4: Newbie
Hello. This is the first time I have done this through the forum. As a Vodafone employee it will be interesting to see how this works.

I have a sure signal v1. It has been in and working for at least six months. I have not changed my router or anything else in the mix at all.

I have defaulted my router and reconfigured the port forward settings that were originally configured prior to the reset.

There is nothing wring with my speed and there is no more trouble shooting that I can perform.

I have had this issue before.

Can somebody please re sync my sure signal box.

Thanks.
25 REPLIES 25

I'm another Plusnet user that cannot use suresignal with just one light on, this is highly frustrating at the moment as I've just upgraded my phone today.

marvtress
Not that being an employee should make any difference, in fact maybe the general public should receive a superior service, I don't know, BUT.........

I have just been on to Plusnet who have fobbed me right off as a "third party device that cannot be supported"

What we need as customers (and an employee who currently is unable to perform my job for Vodafone) is some direct interaction between Vodafone and Plusnet to uncover what the root cause of the issue is and how it can be resolved.

I am asking for this to be escalated to somebody in authority who can call me back on my home number, because I have zero signal at home, who can walk me through exactly what can be done on a technical issue that is affecting our customers.

Please email me on my profile email address and I will send you my home phone number back.

marvtress

Tracert as below

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\tressm>tracert 212.183.133.177

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     1 ms     1 ms     1 ms  dsldevice.lan [192.168.1.254]
  2    36 ms    29 ms    35 ms  lo0-central10.ptw-ag01.plus.net [195.166.128.195
]
  3    32 ms    28 ms    32 ms  link-b-central10.ptw-gw02.plus.net [212.159.2.14
6]
  4    31 ms    29 ms    31 ms  xe-4-2-0.ptw-cr02.plus.net [212.159.0.242]
  5    29 ms    28 ms    28 ms  ae2.ptw-cr01.plus.net [195.166.129.4]
  6    30 ms    31 ms    31 ms  lndgw2.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.124]
  7    32 ms    32 ms    30 ms  85.205.0.86
  8     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  9     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 10     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 17     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 18     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 19     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 20     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 21     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 22     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 23     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 24     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 25     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 26     *

agriffiths73

Have a read of this thread https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Steady-power-light-only/td-p/679063/page/124 and others where this issue is being discussed at length.  I've copied this one as there is a representative of PlusNet on there who is investigating and providing updates when able.

I suspect that this is a more widespread situation than just SS users not being able to connect, and more related to VPN traffic as a whole.

I will also be pursuing escalation within PlusNet to find out how long it is likely to take to understand what has been done to cause this, and when we should expect to see it rectified.

Help

I am being pushed from pillar to post.  I have a red flashing light .  The inservice light is not working.  The signal light and the mobile light are solid orange.  I had a resync with customer services yesterday, an online chat today.  Another call and another resync.  Vodafone advised I call my supplier to enable ports which was its own nightmare and cost £30 from the BT technical support team (another 4 calls) 

The ports were opened several hours ago and this has clearly not been the issue.  Surely someone must have a clue what is happening before they advise us to incur charges.  I will be seeking to reclaim the expenses.

I have changed the ethernet cable, moved the router over a meter apart, another reset ( I read all the forum threads) it is still not working even after 6 hours.  The lights are the same.  3 days without a mobile and many hours of life lost. 

Hi Guys,

All issues relating to Plusnet users should be resolved.

If you're still having problems, get in touch.

Thanks,

Ian

jcsager
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I don't know if this is related, but I have a V1 that no longer connects. However I changed ISP from Entanet to AAISP this morning (17/12/14). Before I changed over the gateway was working perfectly via Entanet, but no longer works via AAISP. I have assumed it may be a security block because the IP address changed - I had similar issues with Gmail for the same reason.

Looking at the tcpdump capture I did of the startup traffic, it looks like the ISAKMP negotiation to set up the IPsec security associations never completes properly. The NTP traffic to sync the internal clock seems to work fine.

I spent an hour tonight waiting on my mobile at the top of the garden to speak to someone about it, and eventually she phoned me back on the landline (no mobile coverage in the house, hence the Sure Signal box), took me through the complete reset process on the box but that hasn't cured it. I guess I didn't really expect it to.

Why can't we open trouble tickets via our vodafone accounts, rather than this, seriously rubbish, 191 process?

Bulby
1: Seeker

Hi Guys

I have exactly the same problem, I'm on Plusnet and my sure signal has stopped working after I got in today I have tried rebooting but all I can get is the #1 power on light on............. help I don't understand all the chat about gateway this and that:smileysad:

pscotter

All seems to be resolved on the SS - Plusnet front.

Many thanks to the Plusnet team, and their guy who visited these forums and kept us informed of progress, and to their team for:

1) finding and fixing the problem relatively quickly i a large network, and

2) owning up to a change earlier in the week that was a little over-done, which caused the problem,

3) and most importantly for apologising.

See bobpullen's post on page 126 here, and his earlier helpful contributions.:

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Steady-power-light-only/td-p/679063/page/126

Vodafone team's response seemed to be the standard: "wait for ages, and then do this Problem Determination (PD) script so we can treat all these issues separately", rather than "looks like there's a problem particularly with a number of Plusnet users, we're on to their support team and we'll keep you informed.  Meantime, if you want to do our PD script, here it is".

One team could learn a lot from the other.....

This worked for me:

Thanks for the reply. Rather than spend £100 for the latest Sure Signal, I purchased a new power adapter from eBay:

(Removed according to House Rules)

(you need to decide if you want to try this, do not blame me if this solution does not work for you)

The Sure Signal sprung back to life almost instantly with solid 1,2 & 4 lights and all mobiles in the house connected.

The power adapter seems to be the problem, as seen in numerous posts.

The 4G phones would not connect on Network Mode setting of GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto so I changed it to GSM/WCDMA auto and they connected like a treat. As far as I understand all the Sure Signals do not work with 4G. So you will need to do this swap at home and when you leave home.

Strangely enough the trace route still does not connect, see below:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]
(c) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Jason>tracert 212.183.133.177

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     2 ms     1 ms     1 ms  SkyRouter.Home [192.168.0.1]
  2     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  3    16 ms    17 ms    15 ms  0278095a.bb.sky.com [2.120.9.90]
  4    20 ms    19 ms    18 ms  lndgw2.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.124]
  5    20 ms    17 ms    16 ms  85.205.0.86
  6     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  7     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  8     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  9     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 10     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 17     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 18     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 19     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 20     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 21     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 22     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 23     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 24     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 25     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 26     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 27     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 28     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 29     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.