Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal v2 not configuring

Casanunder
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've had a Sure Signal v2 for about a week now and I have been through the Sure Signal guide. I've been bouncing between Vodafone and Sky (ISP) and am now at my wit's end. I have the red power light, and status and handset light flashing white. I can ping the Sure Signal, and I can see the MAC address on the router's list of connected devises.

Vodafone has given me a list of ports to open up. Unfortunantely the www.portforward.com site Vodafone's forum guide recommended doesnt include any information on my Sky router (SR102). I've had a go at creating incoming port rules and directing them to 192.168.0.42, which is the IP address of the router, but still no luck.

vfr.png

Sky advisors are no longer allowed to assist in the opening of ports as Sky no longer supports the use of 3G extenders. Apparently.

Any help warmly welcomed!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good news! I've found a way to stop the status and handset lights flashing on my Sure Signal and use my phone at home. It was quite simple really. All I needed was a new operator that didn't intentionally break my kit if I didn't use it for 12 months, and that supported WiFi calling on a 5S. Oh, and a hammer to turn the lights off. Sorted. Respect due. 

View solution in original position

10 REPLIES 10

Good news! I've found a way to stop the status and handset lights flashing on my Sure Signal and use my phone at home. It was quite simple really. All I needed was a new operator that didn't intentionally break my kit if I didn't use it for 12 months, and that supported WiFi calling on a 5S. Oh, and a hammer to turn the lights off. Sorted. Respect due.