Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal v2 only power light

lizchambers
4: Newbie

Hi

After working fine for several months, my SureSignal has stopped working again.

I have gone through all tests you suggested - including reseting the device, my router etc.

Nothing has changed in my connection - same router, same service provider.

The serial number of my unit is 40111328874. The postcode at my location is HP16 9LN.

Can you please look at resetting it on your end of the system?

Thanks

Liz Chambers

17 REPLIES 17

MrAngry2014
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I have been having endless problems with Sure Signal and Vodafone's "Customer Service! Endless fruitless hours on the phone or trying to use live chat. I think that my only option now is to add to Vodafone's growing list of OfCom complaints!

Did you checked that your IP address is on the whitelist? BT or any ISP can change your IP address without your knowledge and if it not on Vodafone's approved whitelist the system will reject any contact from your VSS.

Hi @lizchambers and @MrAngry2014,

@lizchambers - Could you please let us know your external IP address.  You can get it from here.

@MrAngry2014 - We need you to give us the details we've requested on the other thread here.

Thanks,

Matt B

Hi Matt

My external IP address is 46.33.145.201

Regards

Liz

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @lizchambers

Your Sure Signal hasn’t made a connection with the network, since 26 October.

Please test a different Ethernet cable and check your ports are opened as follows:

• 8 (TCP & UDP)
  • 50 (TCP & UDP)
  • 53  (TCP & UDP)
  • 67 (UDP)
  • 68 (UDP) 
  • 123 (UDP)
  • 500 (UDP)
  • 1723 (TCP & UDP)
  • 4500 (UDP)
  • 33434 - 33445 (UDP)

IP addresses to be allowed on the router & firewall

• 183.133.177-179
  • 183.133.181-182
  • 183.131.128-191

Once you’ve done the above, perform a factory reset the same as Sarah advised previously.

If it’s still not working after this, please test your Sure Signal at a different location (a friend or family members address).

Thanks,

Gemma

Hi,

I've changed the cable, reset the device and reset my router with no change.

I've also tried a different netwrk connection still the same.

Any more suggestions?

Regards

Liz

Gemma

If I go and buy a new version of the Sure Signal is it likely to fix this problem?

Regards

Liz

Hi @lizchambers

If the Sure Signal isn’t working after testing on another connection, this suggests it needs replacing.

I can’t guarantee it’ll fix the issue; however it’s more than likely.

If you do purchase a replacement, you have a 14 day returns period to test everything out and make sure it works.

Thanks,

Simon