Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal v3 Flashing internet light and steady power light only

hcmarriott
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

My Sure Signal worked well for a couple of months but then only intermittnetly - frequently had to unplug and then replug in to get a signal.  Now not working at al  - have reset router, unplugged sure signal box etc but have steady power light and slow flashing internet light only - no signal.  Suspect needs a reset.

Details:

Internet speed 2.36 Mbps

Ping 31ms; Jitter 1ms

Can send IP address and serial number if secure way to do so.

Chris

6 REPLIES 6

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the eForum. Can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread?

Cheers, Ben

I already had - and then took the time to register, post etc etc. 

Issue seems to have resolved for today - but my experience is that this SS is very intermittent and not vaguely reliable.  Could I have a solution please?

Hi hcmarriott,

I'm glad it's sorted for the moment.

As the problem's intermittent the IP address will be on our whitelist, so we won't need to check for that.

The Sure Signal serial number is not sensitive information, as we'd only use it here to check when you connected and refresh things from this end. For anything more serious we'd need to contact you and verify the owner account, which we'd do away from the eForum.

If you can post this, we'll be happy to ensure the box is refreshed for you and to check for anything out of place.

If you can post a traceroute, that will help as well. An intermittent issue may be down to speeds fluctuating and causing the sure Signal to time out.

On a PC

- Click on Start and select Run.

- Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok.

- A black box will appear.

- In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 and press Enter.

On a Mac

- Open Terminal (Applications, Utilities).

- Type traceroute 212.183.133.177 and press Enter.

Dave

Hi

Am back home - and not sorted again.

Serial number is 40131978666

Now I have put Run into the Start Menu, I have done the trace - reports:

"Tracing route to 212.183.133.177 over a maximum of 30 hops

1. Transit error: code 1231

Trace complete"

Thanks

Chris

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Chris,

Thanks for supplying your details. :Smiling:

Your traceroute tells me there's a problem with your internet connection, not the Sure Signal. This is why the traceroute fails. Can I ask who your ISP is and if they can confirm any problems with your connection?

Let them know that the result of the traceroute shows 'Transit error: code 1231 Trace complete' as this will help them solve it for you.

Cheers, Ben

THought it might be the rural wood-fired broadband.  Will try with them.

Thanks