Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal v3 blew up

DaveSkerrett
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Bought a Sure Signal v3 today,  worked for 2 hours then stopped with a loud band and smell of electrical burning, getting refund tomorrow, wouldn't have another one of these in the house, it was like Watching a test on fake Britain, lucky I was in the room when it decided to blow

112 REPLIES 112

LIGROVES
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My sure signal v3, which I have had for 2 years now blew up last night. I live with an electrician and when he took it apart he said there is no fuse or anything to stop it over loading itself! This happened at midnight when we were all in bed asleep and thankfully nothing happened that injured anyone. The sure signal has been plugged in with air circulating around it and has always worked fine. It is quite scary that this can happen and a massive fire risk. 

@LIGROVES

I’m sorry to hear about this.

So that we can sort out a replacement, get in touch with us by following the instructions in this private message.

@LIGROVES

I did that and contacted Vodafone. They didn't actually use the words "Get lost", but the message was just as clear. You'll be wasting your time if my experience is the norm.

Same here - electrics tripped in the house.  Traced the fault to the SS v3 in an upstairs cupboard.  22 months old.  Seems to be a recurring issue.  Maybe one for Watchdog?

mark990
4: Newbie

Wish mine would Blow up, it's more trouble than it's worth. 

Exactly the same thing happened here, just out of warranty (of course).  Just blew, loud noise, smell of burning, unit is hot.

Called vodafone and they basically told me to buy a new one.  This is absolutely ridiculous, it is a fire hazard.  I live in a rural area and now have absolutely zero signal without driving a mile down the road, so to top it all off the rather lengthy conversation I just had with Vodafone also cost me money because I had to use my landline.

Electronic devices should not be blowing up for no reason whatsoever after such a short time.  I had nothing else plugged in to my unit either.  How do we go about making a watchdog complaint?

If you've got a compatible phone go to EE. They seem to have implemented WiFi Calling for a wide range of handsets - and it works - so you'd be able to use your wifi network rather than having to buy another SureSignal. That's assuming, of course, that their more extensive network doesn't give you coverage.

Yep, we are looking at that now. Can't put up with the SS any longer, it's just too hit and miss. We only went over to Voda because of the SS but even when thats working, the 3G service around the UK has been throttled back so much that it's mostly unuseable. Only problem I can see with EE is that BT are taking over so that system is also doomed. Just want a good signal at home and 3 or 4G when out and about. is it really that difficult in 2016? Maybe I have to do the same as one of my friends and have 2 seperate phones that work well in each scenario. Rant over, well for now.

Same story here. Heard a loud bang upstairs and after discovering all the sockets had tripped, found that the SSv3 was no longer working. No power to the unit and makes a rattling sound. It also tripped out a power cord unit. Just 3 months out of warranty too, typical. It doesn't look like Vodafone will be particularly helpful but I will be phoning them. It's bad enough that I have to rely on a booster for the rubbish signal here, but when you pay an extra £100 just to use their service it adds insult to injury. Not to mention the obvious issue that no-one has, to date, had a major housefire from these devices. 

Again Vodafone will ignore this - but gradully more and more of these are blowing up, and they ignore the fact there is a general problem.

Clearly these devices have a design fault, therefore it is not of merchandable quality.   If that were not the case, so many would not be reported as failing in the same way.  Vodafone need to acknoweledge the issue and address it.