Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal v3 blew up

DaveSkerrett
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Bought a Sure Signal v3 today,  worked for 2 hours then stopped with a loud band and smell of electrical burning, getting refund tomorrow, wouldn't have another one of these in the house, it was like Watching a test on fake Britain, lucky I was in the room when it decided to blow

112 REPLIES 112

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@AlanWM I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

I have also had a Sure Signal V3 blow up today. Lucky I was in the room at the time. Same symptoms as other posters have described: a loud bang and flash, smell of burning and a rattle in the unit afterwards.

Vodafone 191 have asked for the unit to be returned for a replacement.

Very worrying that this seems to be far from an isolated incident - Vodafone need to sort this potential health and safety issue as a priority.

Hi,

Please see my post on another thread, the unit is badly designed and will by design explode like in the pictures due to incorrect part selection.

tonyvcarter
6: Helper
6: Helper

Vodafone sent me a new one without me asking! :smileyhappy:

Its not good that these appear to be prone to failure. Mine too blew up the other day - nothing spectacular and only apparent when I opened it. I mentioned this on one of the existing forum postings that I had had the problem and I was staggered when Vodafone proactivly got in touch with me and couriered a replacement really quickly and without me asking.

Thanks Ramin, Will and others at Social Media Comms.

Must have been my lucky day

Tony

@Rahim Can you also send me the details on how to get in touch via PM as my SureSignal blew up last night :Sad_face:

Thanks Mark

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mkelly21 I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

My sure signal v3 (bought July 2013) also blew up a few weeks ago during an electrical storm (not sure if related). Alas I hadn't read this thread before I returned my unit to the shop who told me it was out of warranty and therefore I needed to buy a new one for £69.

Just thought it might be useful to add another instance to the thread.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@wof198 I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Dave_0203
4: Newbie

Hi,

My VSS V3 aged about 3 years has blown exactly as the other poster's here.

I opened the unit & have taken photos.

Spoke to Vodafone - they aren't too bothered about the fact it could have caused a fire! I was not in my office when this happened. It blew a 20A breaker!

There is no stock of new devices available anywhere I am told. I seriously need a SS where I am located so have had to buy one from a 3rd party supplier!

What's going on with this device? Surely it should be internally fused!

Maybe a visit to trading standards for me! The device has a CE mark therby impying it conforms to various standards. I wonder if they really do??

Comments Vodafone?

Dave

@Dave_0203 I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.