Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal v3 blew up

DaveSkerrett
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Bought a Sure Signal v3 today,  worked for 2 hours then stopped with a loud band and smell of electrical burning, getting refund tomorrow, wouldn't have another one of these in the house, it was like Watching a test on fake Britain, lucky I was in the room when it decided to blow

112 REPLIES 112

Dear Vodafone Admins,

So I was PM'd.....I gave you  my contact details, including DOB (why for God's sake) on Friday.

Have heard nothing since!

Are you ignoring your problems with the Sure Signal Vodafone?

Dave

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Dave_0203 I can see we've replied to your email on 23 September 2016. 

Please check your junk folder as well as your standard inbox for our reply. 

Been several weeks now & still nothing from Vodafone about my SS 'experience'. I have been in contact with BBC Watchdog!

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Dave_0203 Sorry to hear this. 

Were you able to follow the instructions we sent via email on 23 September 2016? 

If you mean contacting the business team then yes. They are aware of the matter!

I've just had exactly the same problem with my Sure Signal box... which is so important for me here as I get absolutely NO signal without it.

Power cut the other morning.... device dead with a rattle.   Not good.  

I will report to trading standards as per earlier in this thread.

Having spoken to Vodafone chat... they want me to go into store and take the device.  If the store make me pay for a new one, I have to go back onto chat and they will refund me the £69.   Why can't they just replace the device for me!

Frustrated!!!

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ndr01 I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with our team. 

Can I alo have a diretc message please. My device has wiped out a few devices on the same lead.

IMG_0653.JPG

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@theoompah - I’m sorry to hear what’s happened.

I’ve sent you a private message with instructions on how to get in touch, so we can look into this further.

@theoompah

If your device failing has damaged other items then you should claim consequential damages to recover the cost of these being replaced.

Report your device failure to Trading Standards then formally write a letter demanding damages are paid,  if Vodafone refuse then proceed to small claims court to recover.

If you need any further information to progress a claim, drop me a line.

It is important to report all failed SureSignal V3 using the links below to:

BBC's Watchdog: https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Trading Standards: Call them on 0345 4 040506

Vodafone CEO: http://www.ceoemail.com -  (Search Vodafone UK)