Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal v3 intermittant connection issues

gpm1976
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi All

hope you can help me as getting imtermittant issues with sure signal v3.

Just recently bought this

on first day got this registered and finally started to work.   (full 5 bars on and when made calls the "in call" light comes on.

however it seems to be that when i come in the next day, although the first 2 lights are on, i dont get the 5 bars, and when i make calls the 3rd light does not come on (i.e. no connection).   Sometimes i come it and it will connect to the Sure Signal after a period of time

if i power off and on the sure signal, the i will generally get connected (although does not always happen first time despite the 1st 2 lights being on)

Background info

============

1. have 3 seperate phones registered, when 1 works they all work, when none works, none of them work

2. we are using plusnet over PPPOE.  I have followed the guide on here to open up the relevant ports http://community.plus.net/library/settings/using-vodafone-sure-signal-with-plusnets-thomsontechnicol...

3. if i disable my wifi, my connection is generally a 3G connection, but can flicker between 3G and 4G

any ideas on how to make the connection consistent, or is there the potential that i have a faulty box

thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

I have seen posts where a person has toggled off 4G in their phones settings to force the phone to remain in 3G in order to allow stability sometimes when connecting to the 3G that the Sure Signal outputs. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks will give it a go and see how it works over next couple of days.

seems to be working just now, so fingers crossed

Graeme