Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal v3 - just stopped working!

lizchambers
4: Newbie

Hi

My Sure Signal 2 has stopped working for 3-4 weels now. I get a steady power light and nothing else.

It has worked well for several years without a problem.

I've not changed any of the network connections.

I've followed several of the threads on the forums and tried several different reset combinations over the last few weeks. 

Please could you confirm what you are seeing at your end?

The serial number of my unit is 40111328874. The postcode at my location is HP16 9LN.

Thanks

Liz Chambers

19 REPLIES 19

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi lizchambers

When the traceroute was done initially, it appeared to have connected, however the lights that are showing indicate no connection.

Does it still show similar results if you run this now?

So we can rule out the connection and that it's not a faulty device, we need you to try and use a different connection at a friend or family members, preferably with a different ISP.

Please let me know how you get on.

DaveCD

Hi

I have a problem with this request.

1. My system has been working on this connection for a long time ie several years and nothing has changed

2. I don't think it is reasonable for me to go to a friend plug my system in and then say I need to stay for 1-6 hours while the systemt tries to synchronise and will probably fail since it is another different location and carrier combination

3. Even if it works on another connection that is irrelevant. I need it to work on my connection not someone elses.

So no I do not think this is a reasonable request. Please proceed to the next step in the diagnosis.

I'm am getting very frustrated with this not working and there being little sign of you knowing how to ersolve the problem.

Regards

Liz Chambers

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi lizchambers

If you're unable to do the steps Dave provided above then the next step would be a repair.

Thanks

Sukhi

Ok - what are the stpes on a repair?

Can you send me a working box so that we can validate:

1. it is the box which is faulty?

2. I can have service while the faulty unit is being repaired?

Regards

Liz Chambers

Hi lizchambers,

The reason we ask you to try the Sure Signal on another connection is to test if the unit is faulty. If it works there, we know the box is not the issue.

We can't send out an alternate box whilst yours is away. If the repair team are unable to fix the issue and you're still covered by the two year warranty, they'll provide a replacement.

You can see how to arrange the repair by following Sukhi's link. It’s the same as the phone repair process.

Dave

Hi

I've tried it on a friend's internet connection.

It is showing the steady power light and flashing the first light but still not getting a connection.

Not sure what this tell us?

Regards

Liz

Hi lizchambers,

Thanks for trying that.

We'll need to arrange a repair. 

Please can you follow the instructions here?

Thanks

Ian

Hi

I've checked my box is 2.5 years old - do it is outside warranty. Will it still be worth repairing?

Regards

Liz

Hi lizchambers,

The warranty is 24 months, so we won't be able to repair it.

The only option would be to buy a new Sure Signal.

Unfortunately we're not able to reduce the price shown.

Thanks

Ian

Hi

Your previous fix sorted me out.

Unfortunately we had a power outage and my suresignal has failed to reconect.

I've rebotted the router etc.

Can you try whatever reset you did last time?

Thanks

Liz Chambers