Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal v3 only works with one registered phone

de018
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

I've installed my SS v3 and registered it on my Vodafone account. My phone connects to the SS, and makes calls through it fine. I can see this because the third light comes on when I make a call.

I have registered another phone number, which is on a different account, to the SS but this phone does not connect to the SS at all. As we have bad signal in our area I can check this because the second phone has 0 bars of signal when mine has full signal.

The handsets are identical (Galaxy S6) and I've followed all the steps to register the second phone. Can anyone suggest what I check next please.

Thanks.

32 REPLIES 32

Thank you I have removed my number from Sure Signal and will try again in 24 hours

The voicemail issue was resolved eventually.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Louloub We're glad to hear your voicemail issue was resolved. Apologies if it took a while to fix! 

Keep us updated with how you get on with your Sure Signal. 

Hi Rahim,

Sure signal still doesnt work on my phone and when hubby got home from work yesterday his phone no longer connected, whereas he had full signal the previous day.

Any suggestions?

Did any changes get made to the settings for my phone ending #593?

Thanks

I have de registered our sure signal this morning and will re register tomorrow.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Louloub – Let us know how you get on. :Smiling:

SS re registered and my number added, no service as yet. Will have to wait until hubby returns this afternoon to check whether his phone is working again.

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Louloub

I've processed a resync of your Sure Signal.

Please wait 6 hours and then reset the device. 

Let us know if you're still having the same issue after this. 

Hi, we reset the Sure Signal last night but neither has any reception this morning.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Louloub

Please check that your Sure Signal has been assigned an internal IP address by your router.

For more instructions on how to do this, please check your router manual or contact your ISP or router manufacturer.

Please also double check the ports are configured as below:

Manually configure your router to allow port-forwarding.
In most cases, routers support a system called Universal Plug-n-Play (UPnP), which sets up port-forwarding for you automatically. If you’ve got a complicated network setup, or a complex router, you may need to enter these settings manually.

Please see the following for a list of IP addresses and port numbers that need to be forwarded to your Sure Signal's internal IP address. For instructions on how to do this, we recommend you contact your ISP or Router Manufacturer, or refer to the default guide for your particular make and model, over at http://portforward.com.

Destination IP Addresses:
212.183.131.128/26

Ports and Protocols:

8 – TCP/UDP                 (All routers)

50 – TCP/UDP               (All routers)

53 – TCP/UDP               (Virgin Super Hubs)

67 – UDP                      (Virgin Super Hubs)                                                    

68 – UDP                      (Virgin Super Hubs)                                        

123 – UDP                    (All routers)     

500 – UDP                    (All routers)     

1723 – TCP/UDP           (BT Home Hubs)          

4500 – UDP                   (All routers)     

33434 – 33445 – UDP    (Virgin Super Hubs)

Please note that in the above list of IP addresses, the notation "212.183.131.128/26" means the complete range of IP addresses between 212.183.131.128 and 212.183.131.191

online999
4: Newbie
Hi post your ss serial number for me I'll check what numbers are registered and check details if you have loads of numbers just add the last 2 digits of mobile number giving problem and I'll look tomorrow as soon as I get a chance one way or another we will get to the bottom of it and get it sorted