cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal v3 was working now not maybe registration now active issue?

jayg
2: Seeker

Hi,

I feel like this little box has consumed my life there past couple of days...

Previously when the v3 plug unit was plugged in l had a solid red light, white internet and white signal strength kinda thing. During this time my Sure Signal registration was 'pendingActive'. Finally l get an email saying my Sure Signal was working (and also SMS). Since then the v3 unit has a flashing red light and a constant internet light in yellow. Nothing else. Occasionally it goes white for <10 seconds.

I've tried resetting the unit, l have tried resetting the internet router.

Do l have to continue to wait or is something else broken?

2 REPLIES 2

jayg

So.... on further investigation l have discovered that the flashing red light and constant orange globe light means my v3 isn't acquiring a IP address. 

I find this odd because before my registration became active l had lights indicative of cannot make a satisfactory location.

Is it sheer coincidence that my latest problem accrued when my account was enabled.

General rant; l have spent two hours including one hour on hold to Vodafone to resolve this, add to this the time over past few days l find the lack of support provision by Vodafone shameful. One hour wait for live chat support is incredible. Not helped by the whacking line rental l pay each month is this really the service l should expect now from one of the World's biggest telco's.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jayg Can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread?