Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal verify location reminders

pciltd
4: Newbie

Hi,

My daughter is using my spare sure signal unit at university.

The techy folk there have added the unit's MAC address to the network and it works OK.

The only postcode I have is for the University Campus. I have no idea of the postcode where the network connects to the internet. I am getting e-mails everyday asking me to verify the location of the unit as Vodafone can see it has moved. Using My Vodafone, Sure Signal manager, I changed the postcode from my address to her University postcode when I sent it up there. I've had half a dozen e-mails over the past 10 days or so, every time I have logged in and changed it again. I am getting bored with it. What can I do.? 

2 REPLIES 2

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi pciltd,

If you are changing it to another address and changing it back it should stop the messages.

The difficulty is that it depends on what postcode the broadband connection is register to.

I assume that this would be to the main university building rather than her room depending on the setup that they’re running.

The best thing I can suggest would be to speak with the university network administrators to see if they can tell you where the network is registered to.

James

Thanks.

If there's not a setting somewhere to stop the e-mails then I'll battle on.

I'll try the University admin postcode rather than the postcode of the Accomodation and see if that helps.