Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal version 1

whatnot
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Ser no 21231521101

Not working:  light 1 solid, periodically light 2 solid & light 4 flashes, then they go off leaving light 1 on alone again.

All worked well until a couple of weeks ago.

Had so much trouble, went and bought new VSS 3. This works fine - so internet connection etc. all OK.

But just taken out a new contract and can't get a signal down in my office so would like to get the old VSS 1 working too.

The network is fine.

I've done a reset; in fact, I deregistered it, waited a couple of days, and registered it again. It feels as though something needs resetting at VF end since it can't establish the connection it needs and would be grateful if you could look into it.

Thanks, Ed

4 REPLIES 4

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Matt

Hi Matt - I think you miss the point?? I have another VSS working fine on the same internet connection. I've done speed tests, etc - all OK. Although I think to ask ordinary members of the public to go through all this technical jazz is wrong: it's completely beyond me, so I bought a new box because I was sure there was nothing wrong with my internet connection. I was right.

Besides that, it was working OK for a couple of years anyway. Nothing's changed.

The serial number of the box that isn't working is 21231521101. Please could you look into it at your end?

Thanks, Ed

ser no. 21231521101

ping 48ms B*

speed 4.01 down 0.36 up

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi whatnot,

I’ve checked your serial number and everything looks fine.

I’ve performed a re-sync for you today and you just need to perform a factory reset as follows:

-Hold in the reset button until all lights go solid

-Pull the power lead out with the reset button still pushed in

-Continue to hold down the reset button and reconnect the power lead

-Wait for all lights to come on and then release the reset button

Let me know how you get on

Thanks,

Jenny