Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal webpage and help

millet2010
3: Seeker

Ok, I resort to coming here after 4 days of bull from live chat, phone calls and a manager contacting me :Sad_face: V Long story short - I had my SIM card replaced (same number / same contract) that arrived last Thursday. I went from signal to none :Sad_face: On Friday (and Saturday and Sunday) tried to access the website - no joy - tried live chat, speaking to an operator (three times!) and a manager and STILL have no signal on my phone at home despite the Sure Signal appearing to work - PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!

I have been told everything from "I've reset it and it will work in 30 minutes" to "It will work in 6 hours" to "It will work in 24 hours" to "You are not the registered owner so we can't help"!!!

VF sent me a replacement Sure Signal years ago and until recently have been managing this online no issues - now I have a phone with shiny new SIM that is entirely useless and a Sure Signal that appears to be working but similarly useless!!

HELP............................

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@millet2010

My Vodafone was updated yesterday and you can now manage your Sure Signal.

When a SIM is changed, you need to remove the number as advised by @drey_p.

Once this has been done, reset the Sure Signal and add the number back on.

The final step is to reset the phone whilst in range of the Sure Signal. 

Let us know if you have any further issues.

View solution in original position

114 REPLIES 114

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Once you can,you need to remove the phone number from the list of registered devices, leave it for about 24 hours and then re add the device.  That will normally clear things up.  If you haven't already done so, it would be a good idea to reset the SureSignal to.

As far as not being able to access the device online, all I can suggest is that you clear your browser's cache and cookies and see if that helps.  If not, you may need to wait as there appears to be a known issue that Vodafone are working on.  It should be fixed in about 24 - 48 hours according to a post from the eForum Team here

PWIAC

millet2010
Thanks. The website for Sure Signal has been down since at least Friday too! Clearing cache and cookies DONT help :Sad_face:

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@millet2010

My Vodafone was updated yesterday and you can now manage your Sure Signal.

When a SIM is changed, you need to remove the number as advised by @drey_p.

Once this has been done, reset the Sure Signal and add the number back on.

The final step is to reset the phone whilst in range of the Sure Signal. 

Let us know if you have any further issues.

Some progress but...

Whilst I can now access the Manage Sure Signal page and view the settings I have just tried to rename one of my boxes at which stage the action fails and I get the following error message:

"We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later."

The Suresignal is back on line today - at last !  However when I try to add more users I get the following error message:

Error invoking portlet "VAPGatewayController" plus a page full of error codes below.

Just when I thought the pain was over !

Please can Vodafone investigate.  I can't bear to go through the helpdesk and livechat again - takes too long.

Cheers,  Paul

The source of this error is:

com.bea.wsrp.faults.v1.OperationFailedExceptionImpl: Internal Server Error: null; nested exception is: 
	javax.servlet.ServletException.; nested exception is: 
	com.bea.wsrp.faults.v1.OperationFailedExceptionImpl: null; nested exception is: 
	javax.servlet.ServletException
	at com.bea.wsrp.FaultInstanceFactory.<clinit>(FaultInstanceFactory.java:44)
	at com.bea.wsrp.proxy.ProxyBase.raiseFault(ProxyBase.java:563)
	at com.bea.wsrp.proxy.ProxyBase.invoke(ProxyBase.java:464)

Anonymous
Not applicable

I put the first line into Google and it showed me: this

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@bobevans

We can take a look at this for you, contact our Live Chat team.

@paulj1

Due to the changes that have been made, please deregister and re-register the Sure Signal.

DaveCD.

I appreciate your comments but the point is NOT that I cannot rename my SS box, (& incidentally I STILL can't do that), the issue is that a week or more after people on this thread have been reporting that part of the website is not working and days after we have been told that it has been fixed the fact is that it is STILL not working.

To be honest, I don't give a damn about the name of my SS box, I simply tried to change it to check that the site functionality was back & guess what, it isn't.

The underlying problem is a website which appears to be run by a bunch of rank amateurs and a general level of customer service which is apocalyptically awful.

I know you're a techie so I don't necessarily expect you to be able to respond meaningfully but please will you try to find a customer service person who is not lounging around watching the TV and having a fag and ask them to explain why such a big and apparently successful organisation as Vodafone seems to believe that the needs of customers are of such little concern.   It's not as if this kind of failure is new or unusual, a quick browse around this forum demonstrates clearly that this is not the case and I know from personal experience that the Sure Signal part of the website has been causing problems since the beginning of the year.

Finally, I'm not going to ask Live Chat to help with renaming my box, I have wasted more than enough of my limited life trying to get a response out of them that is honest, accurate or helpful. 

Thanks.  Have registered it now but cannot add other family members.

Error message.....

We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later.: 500, 1013 - [2h1]

Just when I got excited......

Fingers crossed for some improvement.