Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal webpage and help

millet2010
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Ok, I resort to coming here after 4 days of bull from live chat, phone calls and a manager contacting me :Sad_face: V Long story short - I had my SIM card replaced (same number / same contract) that arrived last Thursday. I went from signal to none :Sad_face: On Friday (and Saturday and Sunday) tried to access the website - no joy - tried live chat, speaking to an operator (three times!) and a manager and STILL have no signal on my phone at home despite the Sure Signal appearing to work - PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!

I have been told everything from "I've reset it and it will work in 30 minutes" to "It will work in 6 hours" to "It will work in 24 hours" to "You are not the registered owner so we can't help"!!!

VF sent me a replacement Sure Signal years ago and until recently have been managing this online no issues - now I have a phone with shiny new SIM that is entirely useless and a Sure Signal that appears to be working but similarly useless!!

HELP............................

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@millet2010

My Vodafone was updated yesterday and you can now manage your Sure Signal.

When a SIM is changed, you need to remove the number as advised by @drey_p.

Once this has been done, reset the Sure Signal and add the number back on.

The final step is to reset the phone whilst in range of the Sure Signal. 

Let us know if you have any further issues.

View solution in original position

114 REPLIES 114

Finally got everyhing sorted - total combo of new SIM card, gubbed server and website down :Sad_face: All working again (for the time-being!!)

Come on Voda, roll out WiFi calling to all and don't hold us to ransom dangling the carrot of "oh it works on a couple of our handsets and expensive contracts" nonsense! WiFi calling would completely negate the need for a buggy Sure Signal and must also work out more economical that the time spent maintaining servers / service etc

Be careful of what you wish for.   I haven't seen the VF WiFi calling offering but those I have seen are of poor quality and badly integrated into the phone software.  

The issue is not really with the Sure Signal but with its support and that's still going to be in the hands of the people who have provided a website which has all the qualities of a school holiday project created by 10 year olds.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@SomersetSarah Sorry to hear this. 

I’ve tested this part of the My Vodafone page and it’s worked. Can you please try again?

If you’re still having trouble, please speak to our Live Chat team.

@cggardiner Please can you let us know your Sure Signal serial number? As I can’t see that you’ve provided us with it.

@nicohick I’ve checked your Sure Signal via the serial number you’ve given and can see it’s recently made a connection. 

Please can you let us know if you’re still having trouble?

@bobevans Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

I’ve just checked the Sure Signal section within the My Vodafone page and can see it’s working.

If you’d like help with updating the name of your device, please see the

private message I’ve sent you for more information.

@millet2010 We’re glad to hear you’re up and running again.

Apologies for any trouble caused.

Rahim I'm still not getting a mobile signal....please advise 

Rahim, 

Nope, still not working...   all I get is the same message saying 

We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later.

I appreciate that you can't comment on account specific issues and thanks for your message but two issues remain:

1.  Website functionality is still unavailable,  (For the avoidance of doubt I really don't care much about the name of my box but I do care and worry about the fact that VF seem unable to fix their website),

2.  All responses have come from Techies, (thank you), but this is really an issue of customer support & service and they all appear to be keeping their heads down.   

Here's the underlying question & I really would like to hear an answer:

I understand that things occasionally go a bit pear shaped, life's like that, but when Vodafone are involved why is getting a resolution always such a damned fight? 

CGGARDINER  SureSignal Serial Number..

This is  42143523019

Pleasae help to get this activated properly..  still not working and all since re-regsistering the box..

Located at BH23 address  (not the SO23 one, which is fine)

Thanks

CGG

@cggardiner - I've resynchronised your Sure Signal, please leave it connected for 24 hours to allow for any updates.

Thank you..

Still the same situation currently, (Red and one slow-flashing White),  will advise any change..

Please advise if I need any further reset or re-boot of the unit.

regards

CGG

I'm registered and have added friends and family - think it's working well.  Spotify also fixed with good and swift assistance from LiveChat!

Hello

After some Router activiity (download of software?) the unit re-started itself.. but then went back to the same slow flashing single white light..  no further forward I regret..

This is after the 'synchronising' task..

Any other options? Still showing on account as active but not connecting properly on your server..

Thanks

CGG