Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal webpage and help

millet2010
3: Seeker

Ok, I resort to coming here after 4 days of bull from live chat, phone calls and a manager contacting me :Sad_face: V Long story short - I had my SIM card replaced (same number / same contract) that arrived last Thursday. I went from signal to none :Sad_face: On Friday (and Saturday and Sunday) tried to access the website - no joy - tried live chat, speaking to an operator (three times!) and a manager and STILL have no signal on my phone at home despite the Sure Signal appearing to work - PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!

I have been told everything from "I've reset it and it will work in 30 minutes" to "It will work in 6 hours" to "It will work in 24 hours" to "You are not the registered owner so we can't help"!!!

VF sent me a replacement Sure Signal years ago and until recently have been managing this online no issues - now I have a phone with shiny new SIM that is entirely useless and a Sure Signal that appears to be working but similarly useless!!

HELP............................

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@millet2010

My Vodafone was updated yesterday and you can now manage your Sure Signal.

When a SIM is changed, you need to remove the number as advised by @drey_p.

Once this has been done, reset the Sure Signal and add the number back on.

The final step is to reset the phone whilst in range of the Sure Signal. 

Let us know if you have any further issues.

View solution in original position

114 REPLIES 114

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@cggardiner Can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread?

Thank you.

Still no success.. all was fine until de-register and re- register. Active on account. All ports open, nothing changed on local network. Red light still solid. 1st white light (with globe symbol) slowly flashing.. waiting for data?

Data speed high, so requirements for up and down speeds ok..

SomersetSarah

I received a new Sure Signal Box last week as an incentive to remain a customer having called for a PAC code (billing problems and signal problems).  We have an old style SureSignal in the house, registered to my husband's account which works, but not very well.  However, since receiving the new gadget the SureSignal page, on My Vodafone seems to be "down".  We can't manage his SS on his vodafone or register & manage numbers on the new one.  Live Chat twice offer to register the new one but this won't help maintain either & I'm worried to add the new one at the same time as the old one - no SureSignal means no signal at all.  Anybody know how long it will be out for, or is this a permanent state of affairs?

Thanks in advance

Good luck with that Sarah.

Yes, the Manage Sure Signal page is currently unavailable and I have just spent about an hour on a Live Chat session trying to get a sensible answer as to why the website availability is so terrible.

Someone has just assured me that the problem will be fixed in 24-48 hours but I have to say that I have very limited confidence in that response as the quality of support on the Live Chat service is pretty feeble.

For the record, I have two Sure Signals live on my account and registering a second one shouldn't give you any problems.   The Live Chat support people should be able to do that without any difficulty and they should be able to check & confirm the status of the old one too.   There is no reson why the old one should not work once the new one is registered.

Unfortunately the generally awful performance of the Vodafone webiste does appear to be a permanent state of affairs but like you I am dependent on a Sure Signal so I am a captive customer.

Thanks.

Live Chat have just "confirmed" to me that it will be fixed by midnight tonight.  I have a transcript (billing issues too) and it's success will define whether I (& other family members) stay or leave Vodafone.  I really don't want to call - I want to calmly assess what we have and what we want.

Out of interest, why would one need more than one Sure Signal box?  Not sure my router has enough ports for all these extra gadgets!

EE have confirmed they have WiFi calling which I have seen working in practice, as an alternative, and it seems good.

I have two because the walls of my house are very odd and reluctant to let WiFi signals through, so I have one at each end.   It works but they do not hand off to each other, the signal just drops out but it's OK as a means of getting signal throughout the house.

My experience of WiFi apps is not great, O2's was pretty poor some years ago and whilst Vodafone do have one it was only available to the Apple fans the last time I looked.   (I imagine they must pay extra on the subscription or something as Vodafone surely wouldn't favour Apple over other products would they?)

My two Sure Signals connect to WiFi range extenders which then communicate with the router - I was slightly surprised that it works perfectly happily.

Useful info thanks - so I could put the second one (new one) on the wifi extender which is at the opp end of the house to the router to get a decent signal there as well as right by the router?!.... bizarre that we have to go to these lengths but useful to know.  if nothing else I have learned that!

Country living - if only we had decent broadband too....

Yes, that should work - just connect the SS to the extender with an ethernet cable.   The only thing to remember is to stay in one place if you're talking on the phone because of the no hand off issue.

It's a bit or a work around but it does a job and I too have a very pedestrian broadband but it seems to cope.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@SomersetSarah Apologies, I've just checked and can see our My Vodafone page is undergoing maintance. 

It should be up and running within 24 - 48 hours

@bobevans Our Wi-Fi Calling is also available on a selection of Samsung mobile phones. 

I too keep getting lied to by online chat about suresignal page being 'under maintenance' or just simply not working. I need it up ASAP as its the only reason my wife joined me on vodafone. If not fixed in the next day or so she will cancel in her cooling off period! I need to add her number but have no way of managing it. It is ridiculous you have to use a website to manage it and even worse that website doesnt work!