Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal webpage and help

millet2010
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Ok, I resort to coming here after 4 days of bull from live chat, phone calls and a manager contacting me :Sad_face: V Long story short - I had my SIM card replaced (same number / same contract) that arrived last Thursday. I went from signal to none :Sad_face: On Friday (and Saturday and Sunday) tried to access the website - no joy - tried live chat, speaking to an operator (three times!) and a manager and STILL have no signal on my phone at home despite the Sure Signal appearing to work - PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!

I have been told everything from "I've reset it and it will work in 30 minutes" to "It will work in 6 hours" to "It will work in 24 hours" to "You are not the registered owner so we can't help"!!!

VF sent me a replacement Sure Signal years ago and until recently have been managing this online no issues - now I have a phone with shiny new SIM that is entirely useless and a Sure Signal that appears to be working but similarly useless!!

HELP............................

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@millet2010

My Vodafone was updated yesterday and you can now manage your Sure Signal.

When a SIM is changed, you need to remove the number as advised by @drey_p.

Once this has been done, reset the Sure Signal and add the number back on.

The final step is to reset the phone whilst in range of the Sure Signal. 

Let us know if you have any further issues.

View solution in original position

114 REPLIES 114

It's been down since at least Saturday morning. Keep being told fixed in a couple of hours (3 days running via Live Chat) - will it be fixed by tomorrow 8a.m.? Thx.

At the risk of sounding slightly bitter & twisted I have to warn you that the Live Chat folks will say almost anything to make you go away.

That view comes not from me but from a Vodafone shop who were fed up dealing with customers who had been sent there by Live Chat who said they could fix things which they certainly couldn't.

There have been problems with the Manage Sure Signal page since February to my certain knowledge.

The availability of the website is atrocious, it is almost a certainty that some part of it will be not working whenever I log on.

I am consistently amazed that a communications company can allow the situation to persist with no apparent effort to improve the situation.

I have come to the inevitable conclusion that Vodafone simply regard customers as an irritation and, therefore, treat them with complete contempt.

The availability of the website is atrocious, it is almost a certainty that some part of it will be not be working whenever I log on.

I am consistently amazed that a communications company can allow the situation to persist with no apparent effort to improve the situation.

I have come to the inevitable conclusion that Vodafone simply regard customers as an irritation and, therefore, treat them with complete contempt.

It's still down - any chance someone can give a proper estimate of when this is likely to be fixed?  I'm with others - the lack of service - consistently - over a long period is so frustrating.  I would move tomorrow if we could get signal from someone else.

I have had issues with sure signal for a week. I rang last Friday and was told it would be sorted by Saturday. Rang Saturday and was told it would be sorted by midnight of 6/7 August. Rang on Sunday 7th at 4pm, was told another another 24 hours. Rang Monday and told another72 hours. Absolutely shocking service and I agree live chat people will say anything. 

I have no signal at home without sure signal, so I am getting rather annoyed.

ditto

Now the entire "My Vodafone" section of the website is unavailable.

I would actually find this less irritating without the cheery "Sorry, we're making a few tweaks" message.   Why does nobody have the honesty to put up a screen saying "we're all entirely incompetent and are, therefore, presently offering only a medieval standard of customer service"?

Absolutely pitiful.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone,

We updated our servers last night and the administration page issues have been resolved.

Please try again.

If you're still having issues, let us know what error messages you see.

I raised separate topic, but then found this one so have addedd here as well.  

The Suresignal webpage is back online today - at last !  However when I try to add more users I get the following error message:

Error invoking portlet "VAPGatewayController" plus a page full of error codes - see below.

Just when I thought the pain was over !

Please can Vodafone investigate.  I can't bear to go through the helpdesk and livechat again - takes far too long.

Cheers,  Paul

The source of this error is:

com.bea.wsrp.faults.v1.OperationFailedExceptionImpl: Internal Server Error: null; nested exception is: 
	javax.servlet.ServletException.; nested exception is: 
	com.bea.wsrp.faults.v1.OperationFailedExceptionImpl: null; nested exception is: 
	javax.servlet.ServletException
	at com.bea.wsrp.FaultInstanceFactory.<clinit>(FaultInstanceFactory.java:44)
	at com.bea.wsrp.proxy.ProxyBase.raiseFault(ProxyBase.java:563)
	at com.bea.wsrp.proxy.ProxyBase.invoke(ProxyBase.java:464)