Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal webpage and help

millet2010
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Ok, I resort to coming here after 4 days of bull from live chat, phone calls and a manager contacting me :Sad_face: V Long story short - I had my SIM card replaced (same number / same contract) that arrived last Thursday. I went from signal to none :Sad_face: On Friday (and Saturday and Sunday) tried to access the website - no joy - tried live chat, speaking to an operator (three times!) and a manager and STILL have no signal on my phone at home despite the Sure Signal appearing to work - PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!

I have been told everything from "I've reset it and it will work in 30 minutes" to "It will work in 6 hours" to "It will work in 24 hours" to "You are not the registered owner so we can't help"!!!

VF sent me a replacement Sure Signal years ago and until recently have been managing this online no issues - now I have a phone with shiny new SIM that is entirely useless and a Sure Signal that appears to be working but similarly useless!!

HELP............................

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@millet2010

My Vodafone was updated yesterday and you can now manage your Sure Signal.

When a SIM is changed, you need to remove the number as advised by @drey_p.

Once this has been done, reset the Sure Signal and add the number back on.

The final step is to reset the phone whilst in range of the Sure Signal. 

Let us know if you have any further issues.

View solution in original position

114 REPLIES 114

davec81
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have been trying for a week to access my sure signal settigs to add a new number to it. The sure signal section is broken.

I have been lied to by a number of operatives on the chat section telling me it will be up within 24 hours and one even lied and said he had added the required number himself and to wait 30 minutes and it will work. It didnt.

It would appear the sure signal page is broken and there is NO desire from vodafone to fix it.

If it is not fixed in the next couple of days my wife will cancel her new 24 month contract (still in 14day cooling off period) and I will cancel mine when my contract is up next month.

It is ridiculous you have to use the website to access the sure signal and even worse that the website is broken. Yes it is working for my phone but I just canot access it to add a new number.

FIX IT NOW VODAFONE! If not I will be requesting a refund on the sure signal ( as it clearly isn't 'fit for purpose') and you will lose 2 customers (which is clear you couldn't care about).

drey_p
16: Advanced member

As you'll have seen, there is a known issue with the online management of the SureSignal device. Vodafone are aware of the issue and are working on it and at last check were hoping yo have s fix in about 24-48 hours.

As an aside, please don't create a new thread when there is an existing one on the same topic. Posting in one thread prevents duplication of information.

PWIAC

Surprise surprise... still waiting... definitely been way more than 48hrs!! Come on Vodafone. Sort this out NOW!

Still showing as under maintenance and being tweaked.  Coming up for a week now.  Seriously get the impression no-one is even working on this.  Since this was working, and they presumably changed it so it now does not work, what's up with their change control so they could back out the changes and revert to a working system.  App Dev 101.

I started a new thread as I am fed up of being lied to by Vodafone. It's funny how everyone I speak to them it will be fixed within 24-48 hours. Last I checked a week is longer than 24-48hours.

It's easy to ignore one thread. But if it fills up with the same issue then maybe, just maybe, they might do something about it. Other than lie to us that is.

drey_p

If you keep creating new threads, you'll be in breach of the eForum T&Cs - you may want to have a good read of those before you go down that route.

By creating multiple threads, all you're doing is slowing down the response time for everyone else as the threads will need to be moderated.

And as for "doing something" I am sure they are, even if you and I aren't aware of it.

PWIAC

So why all the lies. That's the bit that angered me.

Essentially it appears they look and see under maintenance and assume something is being done without actually doing their job properly and following it through with the responsible engineer to ensure it is being fixed and get an accurate timescale for the fix. But obviously it easier for them to just fob off customers with lies. That is Vodafone customer service for you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

PostEdit: corrupted thread message - its irrelevant content and subsequent subscription deleted by owner

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Anonymous I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

We'll be able to look into this once you've contacted us. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

PostEdit: corrupted thread message - irrelevant content and subsequent subscription now deleted by the content owner