Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal with Virgin Media Super Hub 3.11

berryoftheaub
2: Seeker

Hey All,

Have just changed from Sky to Virgin Media and now my sure signal will not work. Anyone found the soloution to this?

Thanks

Aubrey 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It's a known issue with the new virgin media superhub 2. You have to enabe IPSec pass-through on the Firewall page.

Sure Signal works by establishing an IPSec VPN tunnel you never needed to tick the same box on the original super hub and I upgraded 2 days ago, as soon as I did it went to a solid red light.

Log in to the router (http:\\192.168.0.1) and, go to advanced, then set the firewall on and 'Low', and make sure IPSec ticked.

View solution in original position

30 REPLIES 30

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi lalwanis

Thanks for providing your Traceroute.

Can you also provide the following?

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

Thanks

Sukhi

Thanks Sukhi.

Do you guys have phone line support?

It would be quicker for me to contact and discuss over the phone rather on forum.

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi lalwanis, 

You can speak to our Technical Support Team by calling 191. 

We'll be happy to help further if you let me know your Sure Signal serial number. 

Thanks, 

Kay

Thanks Kay.

In the mean time any one from forum Support look into and analyse the data I supplied?

berryoftheaub
Thank you jbozward worked a treat top man 🙂

Thank you to tech team for you persistence 🙂

Aubrey

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Aubrey,

I’m pleased to see that you got everything sorted!

If you’d like to provide any of the team with feedback on the service provided, we’d really appreciate it! :Smiling:

Just click here.

Thanks,

Jenny

berryoftheaub
Lalwanis as posted earlier It's a known issue with the new virgin media superhub 2. You have to enabe IPSec pass-through on the Firewall page.
Sure Signal works by establishing an IPSec VPN tunnel you never needed to tick the same box on the original super hub and I upgraded 2 days ago, as soon as I did it went to a solid red light.

Log in to the router (http:\\192.168.0.1) and, go to advanced, then set the firewall on and 'Low', and make sure IPSec ticked.

Thanks berryoftheaub

going through the forum, I did those changes but unfortunately nothing changed. I get red static light but slow blinking internet (globe) white light and no other lights.

Do you know what it means?

Thanks for your help.

lalwanis

Yeah it means the data required at Vodafone's end is not getting through.

It did the same to me first time. Turn you Sure Signal box off completely, Log in to the router (http:\\192.168.0.1) and do a factory reset. Then go to advanced, then set the firewall on and 'Low', and make sure IPSec ticked & save.

Once the router is back up with all the lights turn your Sure Signal back on & after a while it should connect.