Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal with iPhone 5

plewis00
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello, I've just left EE 10 months earlier after a big argument over service levels dropping to new lows, it seems no networks works properly where I live (not rural, just in PO15 near one a huge business park so no idea why no network has cottoned onto this and fixed the signal). I moved to Vodafone PAYG on my iPhone 5 as my BlackBerry is fine on Vodafone Red but you wouldn't give an additional line to me so I had no choice on the other one.

Despite resetting everything - phones, Sure Signal, router, etc. The BlackBerry will connect fine but the iPhone 5 won't and without it, the signal is worse than EE was.

I've seen you say you may need to resync the device on the network, would you mind doing this for me? The FSN is 40112441866 and it's registered on my BlackBerry account in my name.

Before you ask about the trace-routes, the BlackBerry has and is working absolutely fine, it's just the iPhone 5 that isn't working (and I had to buy this specially to go on Vodafone at great cost so really hope you can help) and it's had the text messages saying I can use the Sure Signal.

Many thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Matt

Thanks for your reply. As I said, I've done all that before and it works fine with my BlackBerry 9900 just not the iPhone 5 (the only major difference perhaps being that it's on PAYG).

Can you resync the Sure Signal for me or check the last update?

Thanks

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi plewis00,

As you've requested I've resynced the Sure Signal for you.  Please now perform a factory reset of the device:

* Hold the reset button till all the lights come on or flash (about 30 seconds)
* Keeping the rest button held, remove and re-insert the power lead
* Once all the lights come on or flash, release the reset button
* The VSS should come online within the hour

If you still don't have any luck after 24 hours we will need you to supply us with the following information that Matt requested:

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Thanks,

Phil