Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal won't connect again after a power outage

rodos1950
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

On Friday 17th Feb 2012 my Sure Signal unit was without power for a couple of hours during the late afternoon.  Since the power came back on the Sure Signal unit has not re-established a connection to Vodafone.

The unit starts going through the initialization process but never completes it.
I have have carried out the following:-
Checked the ethernet cable connections
Changed the ethernet cable between the BT Hub and the Sure Signal Unit
Rebooted the BT Hub
Checked the BT Hub to ensure that the Sure Signal Unit has obtained an IP address
When the unit is powered on the following sequence occurs:-
1) Power indicator lights up and stays on for about a minute
2) Then the other indicators blink once each in turn
3) Then the second indicator blinks for about a minute
4) Then the 4th indicator blinks for about 30 seconds then goes off
5) Then the cycle begins again with the power indicator lighting up...
My BT telephone and broadband connections are working perfectly.
The ID number of the Sure Signal Unit is 253264385
The Serial number if the Sure Signal Unit is 21230698264
Please advise what I need to do to get the Sure Signal Unit to establish a connection to Vodafone
Please check the connection at your end and reset it if necessary.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi rodos1950,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Looking at the results of this it does sound like the power cut has caused an issue within the Sure Signal which is causing it to not be able to complete the setup correctly.

So we can look at this for you I have sent you a quick PM with details on how to get in touch with our team directly.

Please follow these instructions and one of the team will be able to pick this up for you.

You can find your PM inbox here.

James

View solution in original position

12 REPLIES 12

FelixDaHousecat
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

i recommend you reset your router. this seems to happen a lot judging by the posts on here.

FDH

I have tried that as well Felix but the problem still persists, the inducator lights keep going through the same sequence and the unit never completes its initialisation.

I have now been through resetting my BT Router, doing a factory reset on the Sure Signal Unit,  changed ethernet cable but the problem still persists.  The sequence of indicator lights flashing is still the same.

What do I have to do to get support from Vodafone??

Hi rodos1950,

I can see that your Sure Signal connected to our server last night so I have re-synced this from our end today, please can you give this one hour and perform another reset on the Sure Signal if the issue continues.

However, it may also be worth deregistering the Sure Signal, leaving for 24 hours and the registering it again.

James

Many thanks for your assistance James. I have just done a factory reset on the VSS so we will see what happens in the next hour or two.  If it doesn't reconnect I will try your 2nd suggestion.

Regards,

Roy

Hi, I have done as you suggested and tried resetting my VSS but 2 hours later it still did not connect and the indicator lights were still flashing in the same fashion as I described in my original post.
I then de-registered the VSS and disconnected it completely for over 24 hours the re-registered it and left it all night to establish a connection. Sadly it is still not connected. This morning I did another factory reset but it is again flashing the indicator lights as I described in my original post but not connecting.
Do you have any further advice or should we do a reset from both ends? After you have done a reset at your end I will reset from my end.
Regards, Roy

Hi rodos1950,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Looking at the results of this it does sound like the power cut has caused an issue within the Sure Signal which is causing it to not be able to complete the setup correctly.

So we can look at this for you I have sent you a quick PM with details on how to get in touch with our team directly.

Please follow these instructions and one of the team will be able to pick this up for you.

You can find your PM inbox here.

James

Hi James, Many thanks for your emails, phone calls and excellent assistance to get my 3G signal back online again. Your advice and assistance were very helpful.
Regards, Roy

Hi I have a very similar issue. After going onvacation when I left the VSS turned off, I cannot connect.

I get the red flashing light and icons 1 and 3 on...

Please advise of resolution...