Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal won't work with new iPhone 4S

maz945
4: Newbie

Hi

I've read a load of threads, and maybe my SureSignal box needs to be re-synced. I have already re-set it to no avail.

The full story is that there's already 2 phones registered to it, and work fine, one an iPhone 4 the the other a BB. My wife has just got a new iPhone 4S and swapped from O2 to Vodafone just to use Sure Signal.

She's been added, received the text message, and she cannot connect to the Vodafone network. I've even de-registered her phone and re-registered it and the texts still comes through (when we can pick up a regular signal) but it just won't connect.

The S/N of my box is 21229340449. If you can do your stuff that would be great. Being in the middle of Suffolk there's no Vodafone signal anywhere in the village, and being "weekenders" with busy jobs we need mobile!

Many thanks

8 REPLIES 8

maz945
4: Newbie

Hmmmm.... 99 odd people have read my post, but no one from Vodafone.

Anyone got any ideas how to get them to read posts?

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi maz945,

My apologies for the delay.  We do work all posts on a first come first served basis and are a very popular team. 

I've now performed a resync of the Sure Signal for you so please follow this up with a factory reset:

* Hold the reset button till all the lights come on or flash (about 30 seconds)
* Keeping the rest button held, remove and re-insert the power lead
* Once all the lights come on or flash, release the reset button
* The VSS should come online within the hour

Thanks,

Phil

Tried that but alas this Iphone 4s still won't connect.

Next idea? I did I think read on one of these posts that a new Micro Sim may be required. Is that the next step?

Phil

Hi maz945,

Thanks for coming back to us and it's a shame that the resync didn't work for you. 

We can certainly look at a replacement microSIM for you.  You can either pop into a nearby Vodafone store to collect one over the counter or follow the steps I've sent to your PM for us to post one to you. 

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Phil

Ah well sadly that didn't work either. Picked up a new SIM card from a Vodafone shop, removed the user and added again (and got the text messages), re-set the Sure Signal box, waited a couple of hours, and my iPhone 4 worked but the wifes iPhone 4s still had nothing.

Then swapped over the SIM cards, just in case her phone was dodgy, and her phone burst into life with a stong Vodafone signal (albeit with my SIM in it), and my phone had no signal.

So, it does look like the SIM is awray. Is there a way of getting a SIM which there is a high degree of confidence it will actually work?

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Good Afternoon maz945, 

That is very strange, it definitely sounds like a SIM issue though. 

So that we can send a new one through we will need access to your Wife's account. Please follow the instructions in the private message I've just sent you. Once we have your email a member of the team will be in touch.

You can find your PM inbox here.

All the best, 

Kay

Hi, I did e-mail the relevent information yesterday but I haven't heard anything.

Sorry to chase if your inbox is unmanageable!

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi maz945,

Thanks for your time on the phone earlier.

Let us know if the fresh resync makes a difference for you.

Dave