Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal wont connect

M61Vulcan
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

The issue you’re experiencing:
Hi, I've been having problems with my Sure Signal for some time now. After a power cut it often took a long time to reconnect, but after the last one it wont connect at all.

What light sequence you're seeing:
Red light flashing, yellow 'phone' lamp solid.

Your speed test results:
6.87 Mbps / 0.43 Mbps

Your external IP address from here.
2.97.255.193    v6 ::ffff:261:ffc1

Your Sure Signal serial number:

Trace route results:

1    <1 ms     1 ms     1 ms  192.168.1.1
  2    24 ms    24 ms    24 ms  host-2-97-240-1.as13285.net [2.97.240.1]
  3    27 ms    28 ms    28 ms  host-78-151-230-139.as13285.net [78.151.230.139]

4    28 ms    28 ms    28 ms  host-78-151-230-140.as13285.net [78.151.230.140]

5    37 ms    35 ms    35 ms  host-78-144-0-67.as13285.net [78.144.0.67]
  6    35 ms    35 ms    34 ms  host-78-144-10-48.as13285.net [78.144.10.48]
  7    38 ms    39 ms    39 ms  lndgw2.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.124]
  8    36 ms    36 ms    37 ms  85.205.0.86
  9     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 10     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 11     *        *        *     Request timed out.

I have tried another Ethernet cable into a different port on my switch, which all my PC's are plugged into.  I tried, several times, holding the reset button down for 10 seconds to reboot it.  Holding the button down for 30 secods to power it off.  Leaving it powered off for several days.  The green light on the LAN socket is on solid and the orange one flickers.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards Phillip

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

One troubleshooting tip is to de register the number from the sure signal for 24 hours and then re register. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

By ' de register the number' I take it you mean de register the Sure Signal from your service.  I've done that, I'll re-register it again on Thursday.

Thank you for your prompt response by the way,

@M61Vulcan Your upload speed is lower than the recommended 1mbps needed to function.

The Sure Signal efficiency will continue to deteriorate if the speed isn't improved.

To reset the Sure Signal, complete the following:

• Unplug the Ethernet cable from the Sure Signal
  • Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports
  • Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds
  • Once the lights come back on, release the button
  • Plug the cable back in
  • Allow around one hour for the Sure Signal to come back online.

I'll do the reset instructions when I try to reconnect, but saying it needs 1 MBit upload speed just to make a connection is either insane or Vodafone have got the worst electrical engineers on the planet.

And, in any event, I've had it working for well over a year and my speeds have never been that high.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@M61VulcanWe can see that you've deregistered your Sure Signal. 

Please register it again through your My Vodafone account

Been having trouble logging on as my phone had 'locked up' as it does sometimes and I didn't notice. (it works for all the smart functions, apps and so on, but the signal strength goes to 'no signal' and I have to turn it off and on again) Because of that I couldn't get the text message login code.

Logged in today and went to reregister the Sure Signal and got '

Sorry, there seems to be a problem.

We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later.: 500, 1013 - [2d2]'  I'll try again tomorrow.

Incidently, the day before yesterday I did the reset as instructed but the lights coming back on after holding the button down never works for me.  The lights just stay as they are.  I can hold the button down even longer than 30 seconds and the lights never come 'back on' on, it just turns off the device when I release the button.

After turning it back on the lights went back as they were before.  But today I've got different lights.  Solid red and the next two solid white.  Nope, I tell a lie, the second white has ow gone out ad the first white is slowly blinking.

Just as I finished typig the above I got a text saying my Sure Signal was active.  Perhaps that's why the lights are changing.  I'll see if it's working properly in the morning.

My Sure Signal is working again now.  Thank you for your help.  I'll keep a note of what happened in case it goes wrong again.