cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal wont stay connected to Vodafone.

_Aaron_
2: Seeker

Hi,

After 5 months of issue free working my v3 Sure Signal has stopped working. For the last 2 weeks it will only stay connected and allowing calls for a few hours at a time and will then lose connection back to Vodafone. It will only re-connect if i perform a re-set (button on the bottom for 30 secs), and then only for a few hours before disconnecting again. I've looked at the "Troubleshooting" post but it has not helped. I've not chaged ISP or router. I've even de-registered and re-registered the Sure Signal (on 9/07/13), but it still disconnected after a few hours working. Once it's lost connection the power light flashes with the internet light solid orange, the other lights are off.

Requested details for investigating fault are:

Ser. No.: 40124125846

DL Speed: 62.42Mbps

UL Speed: 3Mbps

Ping: 25ms

IP Address: 82.3.100.17

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177]

over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     *        *        *     Request timed out.

2     8 ms     7 ms     9 ms  winn-core-2a-ae7-1051.network.virginmedia.net [62.253.121.245]

3     8 ms     9 ms     8 ms  brnt-bb-1c-ae2-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.253.96.169]

4    12 ms    17 ms    13 ms  brhm-bb-1c-ae8-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.253.174.126]

5     *        *        *     Request timed out.

6    31 ms    30 ms    34 ms  ldngw1.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.209]

7    35 ms    39 ms    30 ms  85.205.116.2

8     *        *        *     Request timed out.

9     *        *        *     Request timed out.

10     *        *        *     Request timed out.

11     *        *        *     Request timed out.

12     *        *        *     Request timed out.

13     *        *        *     Request timed out.

14     *        *        *     Request timed out.

15     *        *        *     Request timed out.

16     *        *        *     Request timed out.

17     *        *        *     Request timed out.

18     *        *        *     Request timed out.

19     *        *        *     Request timed out.

20     *        *        *     Request timed out.

21     *        *        *     Request timed out.

22     *        *        *     Request timed out.

23     *        *        *     Request timed out.

24     *        *        *     Request timed out.

25     *        *        *     Request timed out.

26     *        *        *     Request timed out.

27     *        *        *     Request timed out.

28     *        *        *     Request timed out.

29     *        *        *     Request timed out.

30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.

ISP is Virgin Media, I have a Superhub VMDG-480 router

HELP!

23 REPLIES 23

Just to confirm, i'm also having the same problem. My Sure Signal (v3) has worked flawlessly for the last few months but recently it can't hold a connection for more than a day. Nothing wrong with my broadband speeds (18 meg down/ 1 meg up), traceroutes/pings are fine, ip address is whitelisted so pretty sure the problem is at VF's end. Come on VF, sort this out!

BTW Who is your isp? My isp is TalkTalk

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi folks,

Most standard internet connections will allow plug and play usage. However on customised internet set ups and none standard hardware, there can be hurdles to overcome. While asking for in depth details may seem puzzling, it helps my team to have all the information to hand. It's also why we put thorough instructions for customers who aren't tech savvy too.

If the guides and walkthroughs aren't working and your ISP's are certain there have been no changes made, you're welcome to arrange to have your Sure Signal sent off for repair.

We have helped hundreds if not thousands of customers using Sure Signal get help on this page. The vast majority will agree that the eForum a very effective channel.

Cheers, Ben

Hi Tech Team

I certainly didn't mean to undermine your superb and helpful efforts in getting folks connected. I can see that on customized set ups and non-standard hardware there might well be issues for technical folk to overcome.

But most of us are using standard set ups - and would prefer to use plug and play equipment that works with standard hardware. It seems to me as an ignorant customer - and I don't mean to be rude - that if you're helping 'hundreds if not thousands of customers using Sure Signal to get help' then there is probably something wrong with Sure Signal!

Cheers

Ed

stephenandmindi
Well I have a workaround that seems to be reliable right now. I bought a basic mechanical 24 hour timer and have it set to switch off for 15 min in the middle if the night. Effectively a daily reboot of my SS3 box. It has now had a stable connection for several days - the best yet. For the £5 I spent I can now get on with life and in my mind is better than spending weeks troubleshooting. I hope if anyone gets frustrated enough that although not ideal, the same might help you out.