cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal works for family - not for me!

3feet
3: Seeker

I'm the "owner" of a Sure Signal 3, which we've had for a year now.  My family can use it, but I can't.  In fact, I've only just got a 3G phone, so, up to now, it's not been a surprise.  

The FAQ says:-

"If the affected number is the registered owner of the Sure Signal, you'll need to temporarily transfer the ownership to another number and then remove and re-add the affected number. This can be done by calling us on 191 from a Vodafone mobile or 03333 040191 from landlines and other mobile networks."

Well I've tried the phone number 4 times now, and none of the remedies suggested by the techies helped at all - but none involved transferring owenership.

The FAQ also says I can transfer ownership from the online account:-

"You can transfer it to someone else, but they’ll need to be registered on it.

Step 1

1. Log into My Vodafone
  2. Select My Sure Signal then choose the one you want to transfer
  3. Select Manage Sure Signal then Transfer Sure Signal

The new owner needs to accept the Sure Signal change to complete the transfer."

I don't see a "Transfer Sure Signal" anywhere on my account.  Perhaps it's because I have only one, so the "choose the one you want to transfer" step is missing.  The only options, I can see are "De-register Sure Signal",  "Report Lost of Stolen" and "Replace Sure Signal"

How do I fix this?  The obvious route would seem to be to De-register and Re-register the thing, and then re-enter all the phone numbers.  On past form, this option scares me:  it would probably end with noone able to use the thing.

3 REPLIES 3

3feet

No answers yet... :<

In short, I'm trying to transfer ownership of our SS so I can remove and replace the owner.  However the prescription in the FAQ does not work for me - I don't see a "Transfer Sure Signal" option.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@3feet 

The Sure Signal will only work with 3G handsets, so now that you're part of the gang we'll be happy to do this for you.

Contact our Live help team who can make the changes.

DaveCD

Yes - it's working now.  It took a full hour starting with Live Chat, and then on the phone (land-line of course!).  I was still giving my name and phone number and getting transferred 45 minutes in, but finally got through to someone who understood the problem, and knew how to fix it.  

For anyone else with the same problem, I suggest you ask the first customer services rep to to transfer you to tech support straight away.  Then stick to your guns - ownership *must* be transferred to someone else - don't be fobbed off with resets, remote reconfigurations etc, until someone has done that.  If you have to call again, you'll have to start again from scratch - they don't seem to have any way to pick up support cases from where they were left.

I'd like to say I was happy now, but I'm not.  This has taken several hours of my time. and it must be a common problem - whenever the owner of a Sure Signal gets a new SIM with the same number.  Overall, the service has been polite and friendly, but almost completely ineffective.  The FAQ is somewhat helpful, but has errors and cannot be relied on.

This episode reinforces previous bad experiences with Vodafone, and, if I had a choice, I would never buy anything from them again.