Ask

Solution

Sure Signal

mike893
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

Hope you're all well, 

I am having issues with my Vodafone sure signal, it had been working fine, no problems then all of a sudden stopped working, nothing has changed to the setup no new modem or anything, It was intermittent at first sometimes it would give me full signal and other times nothing, I have had an array of flashing lights all in different combinations. 

Things I have tried: Going through all the connections to make sure they are fitting properly, changing the port that the Sure Signal is connected to and re registering my address, resetting the Sure Signal and my WiFi modem, calling it naughty names and wagging my fist at it, telling my wife it was her fault as it was working fine when I left for the pub, all to no avail.

The set up is: Internet is coming in via Virgin media tivo box, the sure signal is then plugged into the back of the tivo, it is then in the corner of the room on a TV cabinet I am not to keen on, I want to buy a new TV cabinet but my wife has told me I am not aloud as there is a recession on and we need to save our money for the zombie apocalypse.

The issue: Constant power light, and nothing else. Plus a nagging wife that wont let me spend my hard earned money on exciting stuff like night vision goggles, walkie talkies, and cap guns, instead we have to by food and pay our bills,,,,MEH

Sure Signal 2: Model 9361 Home Cell V2-V, Part No 3JR09110ABBA, Serial No 40113858753 MAC 5067F07670AE

Any ideas, its not that old, and I really really need a phone signal so I can get all my wife's nagging messages about, hoovering the house, put a wash on, feed our 2 year old daughter.

All the best

Mike

I would leave my phone number but I am having signal issues at the moment. 

11 REPLIES 11

Hi Guys,

Well I have tried the box in a different location, and it is not working there either, so its obviously the box.

So now what? Are you guys in a position to send me out another one, so I don't have to fork out for a box to provide me a signal, or are you going to tell me.

"I'm sorry Mr Rowley although you have been a valued customer for over 2 years, and we are a multi-million pound company, we cant send you out a SS giving you a signal, but what we would like you to do, is wait till the end of your contract, tell us that you don't want to renew with us, we will then ask why, you will tell us because you are not prepared to pay to get a signal, so to try and win you over, we will then say, well ok were send you one now, because our company ethos is reactive to problems not proactive"

Or words to that effect. Or what would be great is you could say.

"You know what Mike because you're a legend we're popping one in the post, why because you're a great guy that's why"

Kind Regards

Mike 

Hi Mike,

Thanks for getting back to us.

As this still isn’t working on another connection, it does sound like it’s the Sure Signal.

Although I’d love to say I’ll pop one in the post for you, I can’t but there could still be light at the end of the tunnel.

If you’ve had the Sure Signal for less than two years, we can arrange a free warranty repair.

You may also want to take a look at this post for a few more things to check in your setup.

James