Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal

MrAngry2014
2: Seeker
I have spent the last four days on the phone to you for up to 80mins a time (on hold mostly!) trying to get to speak to someone/anyone human about my SureSignal box which has ceased to work! I am getting the very strong impression that you don't really want or value my business! My current 12 month sim-only contract is just over half way through. Can you tell me why I should not take my business elsewhere at the end of this contract? Can you tell me why you seem to been so unconcerned about customer retention? I thought that the mobile phone business was highly competitive so isn't your lack of concern short-sighted to say the least?
6 REPLIES 6

Retired-Laura
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @MrAngry2014 

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks,

Laura

Oh, please! Don't insult my intelligence and I promise not to do the same to you! You don't really think that, after wasting so much of my time on the phone to your "Customer Service Department" (sic) that I am going do spend much more time going through all this ONCE AGAIN! If my past experiences are anything to go by, you will totally ignore any information given to you. By the way, if you go to your Twitter account, you will see that I am very far from being the only customer in this position!

MrAngry2014
Hello, hello! Is there anyone there at Vodafone? Usually not! If there are there, they cannot appear toread the posts!!!

MrAngry2014

Vodafone reply to their paying customers? Look at the social network feeds and you will see the droves of people who have received nothing at all. You are obviously very optimistic! I am convinced that their is no-one hunan left at Vodafone. There's just a single, lonely phone on a desk ringing sadly away in a deserted office on Ascension Island!

MrAngry2014

Acces is being denied to the link that you mention!

Hi Mr Angry 2014

I have had issues with my sure signal that worked fine for about 2 years then suddenly stopped. After weeks of banging my head against a brick wall like yourself, I eventually found out that my IP address was not on their whitelist and my VSS was subsequently being denied access. How can this be after 2 years of working fine? Appareently BT or any ISP can issue new IP addresses just like new phone numbers but if those new numbers or not on Vodafone's list your VSS will be denied access. Why was I given one of these new IP addresses having been with BT for 10 years? I dopn't know the answer to this.

If your VSS was working fine then suddenly stopped I would try and check that your IP address is on the whitelist before you waste more time running pointless checks. The easiest way would be to click on the link in Laura's post above and then post your IP address in this thread. Or you can battle your way though customer services, but you will need to get through to the 3rd line of tech support before anyone can check your IP address is on the whitelist

Peter